Battlefield 4

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Little Weapon

Battlefield 4

Post by Little Weapon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Thoughts? Interest? Maybe some player that loved Bf2 will be back. They are re-introducing commander mode, putting VOIP (voice) back into the game, making maps even more detailed with terrain change features, etc.

Although I wish they fixed Bf3 before making a new game. It might have been a smart decision for EA to keep the franchise fresh. Also, the Battlefield 3 scene has been dwindling fast and servers hardly run any of the newer (good) maps. I think having in-game voice will boost teamwork and community in the game dramatically. It's going to improve the experience so much when you can jump into a random game and start working with your squadmates immediately.

Another thing that will keep the game fresh is OPTIMIZATION, BALANCE, and CONSISTENCY. One of the reasons the Bf3 competitive community died were all of the inconsistencies in the physics of the game. Counter-Strike is a good example of really consistent physics and whatnot.

Hopefully they can spend more time optimizing it so everyone can play it smoothly.

Most of all though, I'm just excited for a fresh new battlefield.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Django » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't know, bf3 really put me off when it comes to battlefield games. I disliked the game, even though i didn't pay a penny for it (thanks hippie lol sucka)

Boring maps
Pay to get all weapons destroying the balance
origin (even though it's not half bad)
dub step music
over saturated graphics
toy jets
horrible community (sixtywatt man attacking '"fat" hobo and hoodedsniper in the same mumble channel)

If they fix this issues then, yes i might try
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Django wrote: origin (even though it's not half bad)
I disagree with this entirely. I paid $40 for BF3 and I can't get motivated to play it because I know I'd have to deal with Origin if I decided to. By the time I'm done logging into everything (god forbid I should want to play with friends) I'm no longer in the mood to play. This is the main reason I won't be purchasing BF4, as well as the unbalanced play in BF3.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Well, origin is kinda unobtrusive (no long strands of ads whenever you close a steam game). It consumes way less cpu than steam as if it was meant to be running
on the background along with steam. Less updates than steam. It's not buggy like steam is sometimes (ex: the overlay not working, sometimes can't alt tab).

And gotta be honest, some of the sims 3 deals are very well priced (too bad there is like 1 million of them).
But, yeah i can see how having more than 1 game platform service on your computer can put most people off.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah honestly Origin isn't really a bad platform.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm

I agree, as a platform it's nice and lightweight, but I prefer to have all my games in one place, if possible.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Hooplah wrote:
Django wrote: origin (even though it's not half bad)
I disagree with this entirely. I paid $40 for BF3 and I can't get motivated to play it because I know I'd have to deal with Origin if I decided to. By the time I'm done logging into everything (god forbid I should want to play with friends) I'm no longer in the mood to play. This is the main reason I won't be purchasing BF4, as well as the unbalanced play in BF3.

dude all you have to do is go to battlelog and join the server you want. origin boots up and logs you in automatically. to me its actually faster than steam cause i can just keep battlelog open in another tab in my browser while im doing stuff.

fastest way to jump in a game is to open your browser, go to battlelog.com, and join the server you want.
Last edited by Little Weapon on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Django wrote:I don't know, bf3 really put me off when it comes to battlefield games. I disliked the game, even though i didn't pay a penny for it (thanks hippie lol sucka)

Boring maps
Pay to get all weapons destroying the balance
origin (even though it's not half bad)
dub step music
over saturated graphics
toy jets
horrible community (sixtywatt man attacking '"fat" hobo and hoodedsniper in the same mumble channel)

If they fix this issues then, yes i might try

1. Have you played the new maps? theyre quite amazing
2. The "Balance" issues have long time been fixed. Game is pretty balanced now. The "Stock" weapons that the game came with are still the best and most balanced. DLC weapons are just random specialized guns, like the crossbow.
3. Origin is better than steam in some ways. Battlelog > steam
4. wat
5. wat
6. It's a video game
7. Community is great if you play with the right people, but indeed its a bit dead.

My only complaint with battlefield 3 has been the endless amount of whiners and complainers in the game. I've never heard so much crying in a game since battlefield 1942. Even on teamspeak people cry about the game or rage a lot. I never really have any issues and can always get on top 5 on every server if I just play well.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Django wrote: over saturated graphics
It was too desaturated if anything. I think the excessive lens flares and screen overlays were the worst part of it. They need unlockable sunglasses in BF4.

My main concern is the system specs for BF4. I meet the minimum but I met the recommended for BF3 and I still had to turn the settings to low.
ianws

Post by ianws » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:51 am

Im not sure about saturated graphics.
but i fucking hated the blue filter they added

Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:00 am

It's like black and white all over again. We've come full circle.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:06 am

I will never understand who would greenlight that fucking filter.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 am

hey guys don't you know, real is grey
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:31 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:I will never understand who would greenlight that fucking filter.
Nono it's blue light, you'll get it next time don't worry.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:06 pm

whatever it is I think we all agree it sucks