GTA V

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Roughjericho

Re: GTA V

Post by Roughjericho » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Necroing because this game has been confirmed for PS4/XBONE/PC and a first person mode has been confirmed as well.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/04/gr ... on-trailer
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Anyone still playing this on XBOX Live? I have been getting on occasionally.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Only 1080p 30hz for next gen consoles, but PC gets 60.

Along with First person mode and detailed interiors of vehicles early reviews state you can look down at your body/legs as well so no floating head body. Not sure about mirrors though.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:19 pm

First Person Mode holy shit, its fully fleshed out.

This is like what I wanted as a 12 year old.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:03 am

Dizzamn. I actually never finished this for PS3, I got pretty close to the end of the story I think and got distracted w/ other shit. Question now is if I'm gonna want to get it again for PC or wait until I have a PS4 around xmas time and get it for that. I really don't feel like upgrading my PC anytime soon, I can run Shadows of Mordor on High or Very high or whatever the 2nd best one is but not ultra, and I pirated the new CoD to check out single player and I can run that on high but w/ some anti aliasing shit turned down and what now and it's pretty good looking. If I get a PS4 in december I might just stick to getting newer stuff for that for a while. I really want The Witcher 3 and I'm going to want to play that as nicely as possible w/out having to get a new graphics card. I have a GTX 660 w/ a six core processor and 16 rams.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 am

Looks nice. Hopefully this will justify buying the game again for next gen. I don't have a source, but I heard from a friend that Rockstar is going to release more info on online heists sometime this (or next) week. Apparantly some insider media guy got to play next gen for a little bit and saw a little bit of heists. Or my friend could be bullshiting me (I am still mad there is no heists) I can't find anything on this except for more people complaing about the lack of heists.
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:34 pm

FPS mode is nice and all, but I still want my damn heists. I play occasionally on XBL, so hit me up if you're interested in playing (GT: bl4nkeh).
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Dont bite into the fps mode sandwich, i been a pro gta player since 3
and trust me, that third person view is your best and only friend
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:49 am

bl4nk wrote:FPS mode is nice and all, but I still want my damn heists. I play occasionally on XBL, so hit me up if you're interested in playing (GT: bl4nkeh).

I agree with ya 100%. Heists were in the GTA Online pre-release trailer for fedora's sake.
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:13 pm

So, this is finally hitting the PC on Tuesday. Anybody actually nabbing it? Anyone out there who actually managed to never play it and has waited this entire time for PC release?
Like I said in an older post I got through most of the story on Ps3 but never finished, and I never really played online.

I preordered it at bestbuy where I work yesterday, getting a physical copy (7 discs, jesus christ) because w/ my discount there and the store credit I've gotten from being cool it will cost me like 20-25 bucks. I'm hanging out with a dude all day to play nintendos so I wont get to start installing it till Tues night so not sure if I'll get to play that night depending on how long the install takes. Not sure how much online I'll be playing until I move back to VA at the end of May but come June i'll probably be playing a bit if I'm not too hooked on playing Witcher 3.

They released screens of all the graphics tweaking options and they're pretty insane, I don't think I've ever seen so many for any PC game. I'm really curious to see how it will run on my PC as I have slightly better than the "recommended" specs and way better than the "minimum". All sources are saying this is way better optimized. Really curious to see how it's going to look and feel compared to when I played it on PS3, pretty excited for that. Oh and we got them in yesterday as well and when I told the gaming supervisor I had preordered it he unlocked the cabinet and let me take a look at one. Biggest heaviest fattest brick of a PC game case I've ever seen. PUMPT.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Jason wrote:I preordered it
I think we're done here.

But yes, I am getting it. I'll transfer my 360 char over to the PC. I'm excited for the mods that will inevitably make this game look even more insane.
Mods for GTA 4 make it look way better than GTA 5 does.. so who knows how intricate this will get.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:44 am

YEAH YEAH. We only got like 5 copies in so I wanted to secure one even though no one buys fucking PC games in best buy.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 am

7 discs, holy shit. That sounds annoying to install.

I've never been a big fan of GTA buuuut I might end up with this on PC, looks like a good time.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

I used to play this on my 360 but there was a certain point where it got really grindy and I stopped playing.

I'd keep that in mind in case that really isn't your thing. It's a good game but like I said, I little grindy unless they revamped the "economy" system.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Delayed another 2 months for PC