GTA V

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

GTA V

Post by Azzza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:08 am

Well it came out in Australia today, dunno when it came out in the US or if it has come out yet at all. Either way, has anyone bought it? If some one has, how does it rate to the others? Worth buying?

Post Expanded by jermm:

Out now on 360 and PS3. jermm recommends PSN version (~36GB free required before download) because fuck putting disks into consoles, though there are some texture streaming issues if you got a slow HDD.

No PC / nextgen details yet.

~8GB install required on both 360 and PS3. Can install 360 version on USB storage. Don't install "play" disk on 360 says Rockstar. Both versions are good, PS3 very slightly better.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: GTA V

Post by Django » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am

Is it true that amazon buyers got it early by accident?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Way to make a boring thread title and OP, Azza. Seriously. I was thinking about making a post last night but I thought I would wait until I actually had it.

Also, now that I have it, it's installing. I'm already having a lot of fun.
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:34 pm

A RAGE game in 720p on PS3,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... 5-face-off
Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.
*(that's not max payne or table tennis)
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Wtf they release this in Australia but not Saints row
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 pm

OddaJosh wrote:Way to make a boring thread title and OP, Azza. Seriously. I was thinking about making a post last night but I thought I would wait until I actually had it.

Also, now that I have it, it's installing. I'm already having a lot of fun.
By the way, it's a lot of a fun. After the install.
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 pm

This wasn't meant to be an informational thread, I was asking a question. Fuck.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:08 am

sooo anyone actually played the game or are we gonna talk for 10 pages about the download
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:25 am

I watched a schload of streams of people with leaked copies and it looks exceptional. I was getting nostalgia for California seeing the landscapes of the game.

Going to wait for the PC version, though, the 360 version both looks and runs worse than on the PS3, and I haven't paid for my Xbox Live membership in years.
jermm

Post by jermm » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 am

The performance is a lot like me -- acceptable.

I think I like 4's driving better, all the main characters seem cool, hopefully PC + nextgen get better AA because it's jaggy as fuck.
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Should I regret not getting this and pre-ordering Pokemon X?
jermm

Post by jermm » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 pm

(all spoilers minor)

So I've played up though Trevor meeting Michael, and it feels like a "best of GTA".

The game starts off fast right from the start, no hour of driving your cousin around. They get you though the intro sequences and into the world without any annoying gameplay. During the jet ski part, I fucked up two times and it let me skip having to deal with the shitty jet ski controls. Keeping the Gay Tony end-of-mission screen is a good way to "encourage" not fucking up during a mission / skipping parts, when letting the player avoid the parts of the game they don't want to experience.

I'm warming up to the driving, and driving on the dirt roads feels a lot like GTA4 so that's not completely gone. The "seamless" cutscenes are great, better than even TLOU/Uncharted as it matches the camera angles and doesn't have that 1/4 of a sec of black between the gameplay and the cutscene.

Love the "?" missions, great way to get the weird into GTA without messing with the SRS story.

Hopefully Social Club gets un-fucked / game lets me save pictures without Social Club.

Performance is "acceptable" on PS3, visually you can tell it's a current-gen console (jaggy, LOD, needs a bit more AF on some textures), but at times it looks very good. PSN version working well on my "phat".

For a $60 product (note: no tax in calif. on PSN) there is a ton of content, especially considering the mutiplayer isn't out for a few more weeks.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:48 pm

jermm wrote:The performance is a lot like me -- acceptable.

hopefully PC + nextgen get better AA because it's jaggy as fuck.
This, so much this. It's so fucking jaggy I get distracted by it panning around the scenery. Story is cool and the world is awesome, but those jaggys man...
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Cheers, jermm
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 am

Joejoe347 wrote:
jermm wrote:The performance is a lot like me -- acceptable.

hopefully PC + nextgen get better AA because it's jaggy as fuck.
This, so much this. It's so fucking jaggy I get distracted by it panning around the scenery. Story is cool and the world is awesome, but those jaggys man...
Unfortunately. Yet, it's still a very nice game. Where it lacks in mechanics it makes up for in the wonderful scenery and story. I love the immersion by switching between the characters; I haven't even played Trevor yet but I feel like I've really bonded with Michael and Franklin.

I love how they decided to take the best out of every other Rockstar game, improved it (somewhat) and put it in GTA here; with no surprise the shooting controls are identical to Max Payne's. Graphics look like LA Noire's on steriods (dem facial expressions). World is even bigger than RDR's.

Also, I love the fact that everything is certainly random - I have so many funny stories of random shit happening like NPC's taking part in police chases and old ladies picking fights with me because I cut them in line. It's the silly stuff.