Star Citizen

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Star Citizen

Post by scobywhru » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:38 am

Robert Space Industries
Star Citizen Wiki wrote:Star Citizen will feature gameplay similar to the original Wing Commander and Privateer, with a more realistic physics system. This means that it is NOT a ‘click to kill’ interface like most modern MMOs; your success in combat is going to depend as much on your skill with a space fighter as it will with your ship upgrades and your pocket book.

Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content.

Star Citizen is Space Combat, Trading, and Piracy.
Star Citizen Kickstarter wrote:A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
No Subscriptions
No Pay to Win
The cheapest pledge packs to get the game are
$30 - Aurora MR Package
Includes Final game with starting ship Aurora MR
$40 - Aurora MR + Package
Includes Final Game, Alpha, and Beta Access with starting ship Aurora MR

So who has it and what is your URL/ID
Scooby = Scooby
loafozard = Gomorie
Bloodcrow = Hinterland
Mastermind1011 = Mastermind1011
Last edited by scobywhru on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Mastermind1011

Re: Star Citizen

Post by Mastermind1011 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Don't have it yet, will buy eventually. We need enough j2ers to join in so we can start a pirating ring.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:51 pm

I got the digital bounty hunter package a while ago which includes the aurora 300i. Considering getting a hornet sometime in the near future.

Gomorie
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm

This isn't even in beta yet, right?

And jesus christ- looking at the forums I ran across someone who pledged over 2k to this game.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah but some of the perks sound really interesting if you pay that much, you can get ships with 10+ players or more with lifetime insurance so you can have a large powerful ship you don't have to care much about.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 am

Scooby i gonna help your thread here by putting some actual gameplay footage of the game

Pros
it looks super good, uses cryengine 3.
Made by the same guy who worked on wing commander, privateer and freelance , all amazing games that i played in the past.
Has co-op

Cons
Scooby forgot to say, it is an mmo. In today's world those are a fucking gamble both for the company and the player reception
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:25 pm

It isn't JUST an MMO
Star Citizen Kickstarter wrote:Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
Star Citizen Wiki wrote:Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content.
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

I think the ability to host your own server is great. And it's moddable!
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm

There is a group that my friend is apart of that already has four idris ships in it ownership. FOUR GOD DAMN IDRISES. THEY ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN A FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR PACKAGE.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 pm

we must turn towards piracy instead
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 pm

scobywhru wrote:we must turn towards piracy instead
Piracy in SC is pretty risky business. Bounties get placed on your head and there will end up being large groups you wont want to piss off

Ill probably end up playing with another group and going the mercenary/exploration route. I plan on upgrading my 300i to a 325i. Big cannon front make things go boom.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 pm

A bounty on my head kind of sounds fun, would make it interesting getting around, would definitely not want it to large though. I will probably try my luck initially on deep space exploration and see if I can't find a derelict carrier or other craft to fix up and fly.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:34 am

So to get Alpha/Beta access you need to pledge $40 or more.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:08 pm

As someone who tried EVE, grinded through to get pvp ready to realize pvp fucking sucked and that's no way to spend your free time, this game intrigues me. But the store is definitely a boner killer. Please explain.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 pm

The Pledge Store will allow you to buy Packages and Ships. Every package should come with a ship for the open world MMO element along with the single player Squadron 42 game, only packages $40USD and over come with Alpha and Beta access. Every package also allows you one controlled avatar weather that is someone you play or an NPC you control or a friend is up to you. A ship is just a ship it will be owned by one of your characters either NPC or your main character. Your avatars can have any number of ships but there will likely be docking fees for storage of unused ships, you will be able to buy newer and better ships in game with money you earn from doing missions, trading, piracy, or building them. The Aurora line of ships is the base model player ship. Skills are based on your real skill and your ship/loudout, if you have insurance on your ship losing or damaging it in battle will be covered, but your avatars death can be permanent, you can have heirs to take over your equipment and there are escape pods.