The Elder Scrolls Online Beta

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm

CoolGuyBro or CoolBroGuy I forget which. Miyamotomusashi and musashimiyamoto were both taken so I imagine most basic existing words/names are gone even this early. POO.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 am

Blank Is Me
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Just used OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 as voucher code on Green Man gaming to get the standard edition for 48 bucks. Pretty sure it works getting 20% off the digital imperial edition as well.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Anyone planning to play at launch? I was all amped for the 5 days early access since I pre ordered, but then I realized that's only for imperial edition and I don't get to play til tuesday because I only have 3 days early access. BULLBIRD.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 am

WELL FART ALL YALL. Gonna be playing as soon as I get home from work at like 5:30 EST nonstop until the end of time.

Here's a little blurb someone on Reddit wrote about their PVP experience:
The pvp in this game is insane! I feel like the devs listened to what people really wanted and built on that. I can say most people wanted massive battles that are crazy and hectic something like 1000 vs 1000. Zenimax thought that was cute and said why not 1000vs1000vs1000.
I can't believe how adrenaline pumping my first game was. Started inside the main base and teleport to a base of ours under attack, had no idea how to get out so I went atop the walls only to see no less than 50 people casting abilities down to the base of the wall. I go over and check out what they are attacking, only to find that there are over 100 enemies trying to attack our walls. I draw back my bow and start launching arrows down hoping to land a hit on any of the massive amount of people attacking our base. Their Legion realizing that attacking this wall would be fruitless moved to a different part where we had troops on the ground. I follow them while remaining up on the wall and find myself in an immersed environment where healers are pumping out everything they can and the wizards and other Bowmen are doing everything they can. I see people assisting the trebuchets trying to take down our enemy's ballistas. Blood everywhere and the screams of our fallen brethren on the ground, the enemy has taken control of the land below our base. I look to my battlemates and we all realize that we need to defeat our enemies or our post will be gone. We use the abilities we can and take out a large number of them from the wall while doing our best to keep our cover. Some are lost, but are quickly replaced by new and old members, some that have experienced the defeats of battle.
I approach the wall again to continue laying down fire and my screen moves quickly. I don't know what happened but I am on the ground. Someone grabbed me with a steel chain and yanked me down. I was quickly met with a spear in my stomach holding me to the ground while my enemies take advantage and slaughter me. No matter how much training I had, nothing could have prevented that. My life was sacrificed for the wall. I couldn't be more at peace.
Best multi-player I have ever experienced.

IM EXCITED.

This is also fucking cool http://imgur.com/a/0dpVo
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:02 pm

april fools?
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 pm

NAH MAN this game's actually real fun. I am Dagerfall Covenant redguard steviewonder. It's easily the funnest MMO I've played and a huge stretch from WoW which is a good feeling. Questing and combat feel a lot like skyrim but with a skill bar on top of that. So far so good.
Last edited by Jason on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Another little blurb about a dungeon run:

"I've played more than a dozen or more MMOs since UO came out. Healing eventually gets monotonous and droll. Stare at health bars, look for debuffs, cure/heal, watching my CDs, waiting for the next heal. . .rinse repeat. A lot of fights I didn't even know what the bosses looked like.
I just completed Banished Cells dungeon as heals with a group of 4 noobs who had never even seen the insides. It was by far the most exciting healing I have ever experienced.
Healing, running . . .Oh shit mana is low, dodge the AE! The Boss is coming for me! EEP use a mana pot quick! Whew got a sec, hit him with my staff. .. .run! He's on me again! oops, that guy just got one shotted!. . . .Whew, he's dead. . . . "Group: I can't believe we just made it."
This game is a game that I will talk about for many years. It truly merges active combat, participation, and classic group dynamics.
The minimalist UI more than makes up for any limitation that it presents by allowing me to see and participate in the fight. The lack of targeting for heals makes the fight feel like your "flying by the seat of your pants" while running for your life. We had several deaths, since we were new, but we came back from each one with new knowledge and new skill.
Skill. . .this game take active skill, it's not a matter of have the top gear, all the upgraded spells, and being an uber purple monster.
Thank you ESO, for putting a smile back in gaming for me and laughter back into death."

Game really brings a lot of new shit to the MMO table, feels like no other MMO I played and I'm shocked how much it feels like an Elder Scroll game in an online universe.

Dark Elf area I played in the beta was a bit glummy, but the Redguard (Dagerfall Covenant) area is a beautiful tropical desert area which isn't something we've really seen in a modern TES game so it feels really cool exploring and questing in the area. I'm only level 6 and I'm already overwhelmed with the amount of shit there is to do and explore. PVP and I'm assuming Dungeons start at level 10 so I'm looking forward to that. PVP in this game is supposedly a lot of fun and you get a repeatable quest for killing 20 dudes so it's a legit way to earn XP if you don't want to quest. Which is silly because questing is a blast. It's prettier and less buggy than any Elder Scrolls I've played. I've been reading a bit about annoyingly bugged quests and such but I haven't encountered any and I'm sure they'll all be fixed. The world seems to be pretty populated and I'm curious to see how much it will increase when the game actually releases in a few days.

Oh and I'm playing Nightblade, the Rogueish class. So far mostly going shadow but there's also a really cool healer spec where you can siphon enemies' health and give it to yourself/group.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 am

Took some screenjobs.

fuckin mud craaaabs. Love the minimal UI.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 am

looks pretty

not the game,but you jason
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:49 pm

I was looking online and it looks like pvp is actually kind of twitch based combat, where you have to move around and actually aim.

looks kind of cool
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Yes. If you've ever played Oblivion or Skyrim or Morrowing the combat is P much just like that. There's no lock on or auto attack or just running around and pressing numbers involved at all. Skill bar only pops up if you're aiming at something you can attack.
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:54 am

I really want to play this again but I never have enough in pocket to keep up with subscriptions :c I miss my orc and khajiit
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Understandable. The way I see it I'll probably play the shit out of it for like 2 months and then take a long break and I got it at 20% off so it will only wind up costing me what a new game would anyway, and then any time I want to get back into it for a bit that's just another 15 bucks which isn't too painful.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Looks like this game will be going F2P, perhaps I can give it a shot now. Has it held up for ya Jason? I typically hate MMO's but I've been desperately looking for one to enjoy.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."