Halo 3 Get-Together?

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum

Would you like to join a Halo 3 custom games party scheduled this week or so?

Count me in (I've got the DLC required)
100%
Count me in (I haven't got the DLC required)
No votes

Total votes: 5
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Halo 3 Get-Together?

Post by vxi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:34 am

Anyone in the Minecraft community on J2 will probably know who I am, but otherwise there's only a chance you've seen my username on the forums more than once or twice.
My gamer tag on Xbox Live (as posted in the correct thread) is: Land Sea Animal
Anyway, what I wanted to talk about was Halo 3 custom games, matchmaking, and generally the idea of getting a group of people together.
I'd like to get together a group of 16 people (that's the max party size, right? I haven't played in a while). Now at first you may think that that is setting the bar high, but personally I think quite a few people who have played Halo 3 have at least one friend who would also be interested in playing, and we could probably get the right amount of people together.
The date was changed from Friday, December 6th to pretty much whenever we have enough people to actually join.

So for summary, if you're interested in being in a custom games party on Halo 3 for however long, you can sign up with the poll and optionally post something below. I'd love it if everyone signed up with the poll just so that I can look through the list easier. It'd also be great if you posted your gamer tag, even if it's been posted already in another thread, just to make things easier.

Posting below isn't just for signing up (obviously), so if you've got anything you'd like to ask about or contribute to the topic, please let me know. If you'd like to have it scheduled on a different day that would also be useful input. Something else you can post is ideas for gametypes we could play. Everyone who's joining will get a turn at being party leader unless they don't want to, and I'd like to explore as many different non-troll gametypes on as many non-troll maps as possible. We'll be doing things that require DLC, so if you don't have the DLC post below and we'll see if we can do something to work around that.

If you hate the idea in general and think it will never work out or you think it's a waste of time or something, the best way to show me that would be by not posting. So please, if you're against this idea just don't bother sharing, because it won't be productive for anyone and will be a waste of time. Thanks.
Last edited by vxi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
GustavG

Re: Halo 3 Get-Together?

Post by GustavG » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 pm

I just got my xbox live acount up today
Also will we play custom maps or maps or stock maps
Also what dlc are we talking about?
vxi

Post by vxi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

worgeral wrote:I just got my xbox live acount up today
That's awesome, welcome to the club!
worgeral wrote:Also will we play custom maps or maps or stock maps
Well I'm not sure what the difference between "maps" and "stock maps" is, but for the most part we'd play custom maps. I'd also be interested in fiddling around with some vanilla team slayer and such, but the idea is to do custom games like Fat Kid, Bull Dome, etc. (Hard thinking of them when I haven't played in so long)
worgeral wrote:Also what dlc are we talking about?
Well in Halo 3 there are three map packs that I know of; Heroic, Legendary and Mythic. They all take a while to download but the Heroic map pack is absolutely free as of March 25, 2008. The Legendary map pack and the Mythic map pack cost 10$ each but if you're really into Halo 3 they're a truly amazing purchase, completely and absolutely worth it in my opinion. I think there is this crazy thing that's like.. the second half of the Mythic map pack that you got when you purchased Halo: ODST or something? I mean I bought that game but don't remember getting the new maps "Citadel, Heretic, and Longshore" but I'll have to check that out today.

Either way if you only download the Heroic map pack there will still be things for you to do if you join in.
Now that I think about it we may do different phases of the party where we start with 100% vanilla Halo 3 and move our way up the map packs so that everyone can have the most time spent doing what they can do.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I got them all
Thanks odst
vxi

Post by vxi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Alright so I just popped in my ODST Halo 3 Mythic disk or whatever and found out that I do have those maps and I do remember playing on them. Thank ***, I thought I would have had to spend 10$ I didn't have.
Anyway, if you've got anyone you might want to be in the party be sure to tell them because I have a feeling that this part of the forums isn't frequented by so many people.
Aeonicwolf

Post by Aeonicwolf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 pm

I've been hoping to get back to halo 3, count me in :)
vxi

Post by vxi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:26 am

So we've got 2 joiners so far, excluding people I might be able to yank in the day of. That's a little less than I expected.
I'm thinking of creating a Facebook event for it to see if we can get anyone else.

In other news I'm going to a family event this Friday, so I think this event will be pushed out a little farther.
I think instead of having a solid event day we'll wait until we have a decent amount of people and then start talking about when we want to do the get-together. Is that alright with everyone?
What do you guys think?

Anyway I'll post back here once I have news about how many people I'll be able to pull in with a Facebook event and how many people the day of. It'd be great to know if you guys think you have any friends who can join you the day of as well.
Rish
I get more pussy than a litterbox

Post by Rish » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I wouldn't mind.. time/timezone?
vxi

Post by vxi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm using Eastern Standard Time. I accepted the friend request you sent ;)
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:59 pm

How much effort did you put into your signature slight changing the colors? Or am I missing a feature you can do?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Quick, laugh at Ian for not knowing about [gradient][ /gradient}
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
vxi

Post by vxi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:47 pm

I didn't know about that either :>
vxi

Post by vxi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

By the way I haven't given up on this thread, I'm just trying to get more people together before scheduling an event or anything. Stay tuned.
vxi

Post by vxi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:58 am

Was thinking of playing Halo 3 tomorrow with everyone. Is anyone up for that?
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:59 am

Nope.

But with the month of gold Toby gave me I can play sometime after the 17th.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.