Re: DayZ Standalone

Post by Woona » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:07 am

That's only advertising the mod though, not the standalone
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:14 pm

DOES NOT include DayZ Stand Alone
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:44 am

zombie glitched through the floor and gnawed my ankles til i died

11/10 game of the year
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:48 am

Dat Early Access Alpha. :D
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:31 am

Anyone playing this? I'd love to play more if I had friends who wanted to join.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:28 am

my roommate plays all the time im sure he'd be down to play with you
want his steam info?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Maha

Post by Maha » Sun May 18, 2014 3:36 pm

I keep hovering my mouse over the Add to Cart button on Steam, but there's this little clawing voice in the back of my head going "Are you totally sure, dude?"
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Maha wrote:I keep hovering my mouse over the Add to Cart button on Steam, but there's this little clawing voice in the back of my head going "Are you totally sure, dude?"
At this point there's no good reason to get it unless you have a few friends to survive the apocalypse with. I don't really play with friends all that much and it's no fun.
It's a good game don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've touched it in over three months. It's also pretty buggy still, so unless you've got your heart set on buying it i'd wait a while longer until it becomes a bit more polished
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:20 am

Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:40 am

That was hilarious stabby, almost makes me want to buy the game, lol.

was that something that actually happened or just random people?
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Dr Lecter wrote:That was hilarious stabby, almost makes me want to buy the game, lol.

It was all very random. I tend to instigate things though.
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:46 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:
Dr Lecter wrote:That was hilarious stabby, almost makes me want to buy the game, lol.

It was all very random. I tend to instigate things though.
Feels like that would be the only way to make the game hilarious and not rage inducing.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am

Basically with DayZ you have to accept that you're most likely going to die and lose all your shit. You can't get too attached to what you've got, as you never know what situation you're going to run into, and whether or not the people you come across will be friendly or will just shoot you on sight.

I just bought the Standalone version a few hours ago, and with the help of Stabby have been figuring out how it all works. I've played the Arma2 mod quite a bit, but there's a world of differences between the two. My first day consisted of dying to zombies twice while configuring my video settings, running around trying to get my bearings, and finally ending up in Novo (one of the new cities added to the game), where I gathered the supplies needed to set up a camp fire for the night so my character stays nice and warm before going to sleep.

If you're even a bit curious about the game, I suggest you watch FRANKIEonPC's DayZ Adventures, as he does a great job of explaining how the game works, while turning his escapades into an interesting narative. Below is probably my favorite of his videos, but it was shot on the DayZ mod, rather than the Standalone version of the game.

Toxius

Post by Toxius » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 am

it's 8 am it is too early for this shit
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

That silence and removing of the headphones, you could taste the pain from that video.