Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Post by A Ninja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:11 pm

This is on sale for 5 bucks today. If you don't already own it, buy that shit.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Hellboy

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Post by Hellboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah, it'll be a shame if you don't rip into this augmented bargain. I never asked for such a great deal, but when I saw this on the store page I spilled my drink all over my keyboard! Deus Ex is the bomb!
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh my god Ninja, a deal

Replayed it recently cause I'd only played the vanilla game. Aren't too many changes except in each area there might be an extra vent or something, that and the boss rooms are largely expanded and offer tactics other than running and gunning unlike the vanilla game. (For example, in the Barrett fight you can get access to a side hallway with rooms in it, if you can get out of Barretts sight long enough, you can hack a computer and send out a sentry bot to aid in the fight.) Also the DLC weapons are thrown in in some places, like the double barrel at the entrance of the factory in the first mission, or silenced sniper rifles here and there. Lastly NG+ is half assed, there's no difficulty change or difference in placement of enemies or items, it's just the same game but you happen to have all your upgrades from the first run.

Overall fun game though, certainly a modernized version of Deus Ex, but still has a decent plot, and enough ways to handle situations to feel like you're not getting railroaded.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I was mostly making this toward people that haven't played HR at all.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Just bought bioshock on sale (iTunes/mac) but might get this. Should I get this or Bioshock 2?
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:40 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:Just bought bioshock on sale (iTunes/mac) but might get this. Should I get this or Bioshock 2?
lol
Deus Ex.
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:36 am

I bought this game on PS3 ages ago and played it for about 2 hours. I really don't know why I gave it that long... Dunno whether it was just because I had played other first person games not long before and they were a whole lot better which made this seem worse. Honestly don't know what you guys see in it... unless the PC version kicks the PS3's ass...
ಠ_ರೃ
Website