43%

Total votes: 46
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: Dark souls 2: I started at the bottom, now im dead

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I pirated it because I don't want to spent 50 bucks just to get pissed off and never play it again. I'm wary of the respawns running out, I feel like it could ruin your character that you've spent a zillion hours on if you get to a point and realize you can't upgrade a single thing. But maybe not, I can see it being useful in weird ways too. I guess we'll see. I never went past Anor Londo in the first one because I started getting so annoyed with how cheaply I felt like I kept dying after working hard to get back to the same spot and i wasn't getting anywhere.

I'm enjoying this so far. It has everything I loved and drives me crazy about the first one. That moment where you're out of Estus flasks and you're exploring deeper and deeper into an area and you don't know if you'll find a bonfire soon and then you open a door and you realize it's a shortcut back to a bonfire and safety and you let out a huge breath and you're like yeeees. Very satisfying. Haven't gotten to play much and haven't yet a boss yet but I feel like I must be pretty close to the first one.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Jason wrote:I pirated it because I don't want to spent 50 bucks just to get pissed off and never play it again. I'm wary of the respawns running out, I feel like it could ruin your character that you've spent a zillion hours on if you get to a point and realize you can't upgrade a single thing.
Max hp loss will stop at 50%, and there's a ring that'll bump that up to 75%

Plus human effigies will restore all your max health, and un-zombify your appearance

Now get in mumble so we can tell you to git gud
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

ggg

Post by ggg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm

itt jasons a pussy
Django wrote:Image
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 pm

ggg wrote:itt jasons a pussy
Django wrote:Image
if you kill that npc at the end of the game you get the real ending.
more like soul of the nothing, i kill you, you win
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:09 pm

IT'S JUST HARD ALRIGHT.

I also can't afford it right now but I'm REALLY loving it more and more, I probably will buy it eventually when I've beaten it with this character or gotten as far as I want to go, and start a new character playing legitimately and with the online aspect. I just beat the first boss and it was pretty satisfying. Took me a couple more times than it should have, the 2nd to last try I had him down to two hits and I got excited thinking I could pummel the two hits in. He one shot KO'd me between my 1st and 2nd hit when I was about to act and couldn't do anything. I was about to rage but I had died enough to learn his patterns really well and I killed him without taking damage immediately after that. 10K SOULS THX.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:10 pm

POWER STANCE WITH TWO +10 GREATSWORDS GET ON MY LEVEL HOLLOWED SCRUBS
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 am

Also you quoted me about enemies not respawning after you kill them a # of times and then responded talking about health being halved while you're hollow so I'm not really sure the connection there. I honestly hadn't realized the health thing was happening until I read that though, I've just been hollow the entire game. Totally explained why the health bar looked so weird to me. It doesn't really bother me the same as it didn't bother me in Demon's Souls. I just consider your hollow health to be your actual health and if you want a health boost you have to unhollow.

I probably would have unhollowed for the boss had I known but I'm glad I didn't and just beat him with 1/2 health and saved an effigy.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Jason wrote:Also you quoted me about enemies not respawning after you kill them a # of times and then responded talking about health being halved while you're hollow so I'm not really sure the connection there. I honestly hadn't realized the health thing was happening until I read that though, I've just been hollow the entire game. Totally explained why the health bar looked so weird to me. It doesn't really bother me the same as it didn't bother me in Demon's Souls. I just consider your hollow health to be your actual health and if you want a health boost you have to unhollow.

I probably would have unhollowed for the boss had I known but I'm glad I didn't and just beat him with 1/2 health and saved an effigy.
You gotta find yourself a ring of life protection. It makes it so you don't go hollow or lose your souls when you die then it breaks. You can however repair it for the low, low cost of 3,000 souls. If i'm not mistaken the first one you can find is in an area called No-Man's Wharf.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 pm

fuck your level, fuck the bosses (espescially that stupid chariot with its jank ass cubbies)
what messages you got bitch
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Someone mentioned mods. So uh, if it modifies a dll I wouldn't touch it. The game is now VAC enforced as of today, check the Steam product page. They turned it on just now. Modified DLLs will get you VAC banned.
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Hidden because naughty words you shouldn't say
VIEW CONTENT:
Zeno wrote:Someone mentioned mods. So uh, if it modifies a dll I wouldn't touch it. The game is now VAC enforced as of today, check the Steam product page. They turned it on just now. Modified DLLs will get you VAC banned.
Way too many people using GeDoSaTo for VAC to not account for it, it's Durante's new shit, it'd be like banning every single person who used DSfix
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Zeno wrote:Someone mentioned mods. So uh, if it modifies a dll I wouldn't touch it. The game is now VAC enforced as of today, check the Steam product page. They turned it on just now. Modified DLLs will get you VAC banned.
ENB does ,in fact, use a modified dll.
Thus, placing you under scrutiny by the VAC system and getting VAC banned.

Though, this is highly unlikely because by putting a little thought into it, if they were to fully enforce it on the game it would be stupid for valve
because that would risk having more than half of the players getting banned. They would have to deal with mass bans

Most people who bought dark souls 2 on the pc are most likely familiar with the first game and the indispensable mods DSfix and DCfix that came for it.
Meaning that the average Dark Souls 2 player would probably not mind using mods, specially if the are not up to date with the VAC policies that now
apply for non-valve/non-source games like Dark Souls 2 or Rust.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 am

I need the Catarina gloves and leggings, but instead the fucker dropped three helmets, two chestpieces, and two nothings. Now I'm out of ascetics.

Anyone who can connect to 2.5m Soul Memory who wants to help me get the gloves and leggings? Need that shit. (Min lvl 126 SM 1.875m to connect)
VIEW CONTENT:
Til I can get my hands on em I suppose this will do.

Smough's Return
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:18 am

Neelpos wrote:I need the Catarina gloves and leggings, but instead the fucker dropped three helmets, two chestpieces, and two nothings. Now I'm out of ascetics.

Anyone who can connect to 2.5m Soul Memory who wants to help me get the gloves and leggings? Need that shit. (Min lvl 126 SM 1.875m to connect)
VIEW CONTENT:
Til I can get my hands on em I suppose this will do.

Smough's Return
Are you fatrolling with this armour?
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Sat May 03, 2014 5:17 am

DON'T FORGET THE JOKER
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.