PSNow - PS3 Game Streaming Service Beta

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
CaptainTripps

PSNow - PS3 Game Streaming Service Beta

Post by CaptainTripps » Fri May 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Got invited to it today. Not really something I was particularly interested in to be honest, but seems to be a thing that is happening pretty much cross platforms so, nice to be able to check it out for free as they work thru the bugs, I guess. Or I assume for free, I'm not going to pay to play an Alpha service (somethingsomethingMinecraft ).

For now it's only for PS3, which is fine for me as I only own a Ps3, but I think I'll eventually get a Vita and a 4, and the service is expected to be across the whole Playstation ecosystem. Maybe I'll post some thoughts if people are interested. They also put me in a forum where I"m expected to post feedback/join discussions about bugs and shit. I'm probably being judged, so they'll kick me out in a week when they realize I'm still only streaming Netflix with my 3.

One interesting thing I haven't checked myself but I'm reading is that the streaming store, which is a rental type service, seems to know if you own a game digitally thru PSN, and skips the rental option and gives you a Play Now button - unfortunately that leads to an error message, not the game at the moment. That could be a cool feature, in that you wouldn't have to download the game if you played on someone else's system. Bit of a time saver. People aren't sure of what the fix will be, and if it's intentional or just a bug (clearly buggy either way atm).
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.