Hero Siege ($1.49). You should buy this game. Probably.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
bloodcrow

Hero Siege ($1.49). You should buy this game. Probably.

Post by bloodcrow » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Currently Steam is selling Hero Siege for $1.49.

I bought it on Monday because it looked like a decent action/ arcade shooter. As of last night, i'd put more than 10 hours into it.

You select a class and as you level, you're able to invest points into one of four attributes and a skills tree. I don't know why but i'm a sucker for skill trees. As you clear levels, you pick up cash to buy boosts for your attributes and potions if you want. Potions that are dropped will be unknown until you consume them. As is typical of roguelikes, potions can be beneficial or detrimental.

Artifacts are often dropped after boss battles but sometimes can be found in chests. Keys to blue chests can be bought with the in-game currency of crystals. You start the game with 500 crystals. Be frugal with them. To be clear, there are no microtransactions for crystals for the PC version. Apparently there is for the iOS version.

Two caveats:
1) This game is best played with a gamepad. It can be played with a keyboard, though.
2) The multiplayer functionality is to be released soon (supposedly tomorrow). There will also be some DLC soon, which will have at least one new class (Samurai)

This game is a blast.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis