SILENT HILLS

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: SILENT HILLS

Post by Django » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:18 am

Hoodedsniper wrote:
Jason wrote:SHRUG. I don't see a problem with it except for the fact that I just got to the police station and the difficulty jumped immensely. And the dodging mechanics are working kind of annoyingly. ok maybe it's bad.

Apparently they made 2-4 for the PC so I'm dling 2 right now to play that instead. I don't even remember if I ever beat it back in the day. should be fun.
SH2 has issues with cores, set it to only 1 core affinity. Also try and find the patches for widescreen, it does run well but you need a controller.

SH3 runs amazing on PC and only need 1 widescreen patch really. SH4 has PC issues you cant fix but nothing gamebreaking.
I heard people must avoid the silent hill hd collection on the ps3 at all costs. So playing on the pc, even if obtuse and unsupportive, its a rather favorable option.
Trust me i played MSG2 on the pc, that shit was like the odyssey, as in the compatibility troubles never ended.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:38 am

Yeah I was having some trouble at first and found the set affinity to 1 fix and it fixed everything. I'll probably look for a res mod and grab it tomorrow. It runs fantastic, the only other issue I have is with controller mapping :\ It won't let me map to L2 and R2 on my Ps3 controller (Using Xbox360 emulator) and that leaves my # of buttons limited, I can pretty much map everything besides sidestep right and left. ANd I can't map something to like hold the "ready" button (That you hold before attacking) + something else, so that limits my options as well.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:40 am

Fantastic game though, I just got sucked into it for a solid 3 hours without realizing how much time had passed and being thoroughly spooked. I didn't realize how barely into it I got as a kid. I remember watching my dad play and him being farther, but I only made it to the end of the apartment level, I never even reached the Pyramid head boss.

Im in the hospital now. I remember the hospital from SH1 being a bit spookier atmosphere wise but the fucking nurses in this one always make me fucking terrified. Quick janky bitches. Soon as I hear the music and the radio fuzz im like FUCK WHEREISSHEWHEREISSHEWHEREISSHE.

It's def making the problems w/ homecoming a lot more glaring. Man you don't need to use the flashlight in homecoming like at all. This game is so much fucking darker and you can almost only see where your flashlight shines in most indoor environments.

Also PC version has quicksave and quickload which is fucking brilliant just because I don't have to keep playing until I find a savepoint/backtrack to one when I want to quit.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:11 am

Django wrote:
Hoodedsniper wrote:
Jason wrote:SHRUG. I don't see a problem with it except for the fact that I just got to the police station and the difficulty jumped immensely. And the dodging mechanics are working kind of annoyingly. ok maybe it's bad.

Apparently they made 2-4 for the PC so I'm dling 2 right now to play that instead. I don't even remember if I ever beat it back in the day. should be fun.
SH2 has issues with cores, set it to only 1 core affinity. Also try and find the patches for widescreen, it does run well but you need a controller.

SH3 runs amazing on PC and only need 1 widescreen patch really. SH4 has PC issues you cant fix but nothing gamebreaking.
I heard people must avoid the silent hill hd collection on the ps3 at all costs.
Imagine a friend baked you a cake, vanilla with nice icing and your favorite toppings, and all sorts of bells and whistles you've never even seen on a cake. You're tempted to call it the best cake anyone's ever baked for you. The cake is so nice you don't even eat it. You keep it in the fridge for a long time, glancing at it occasionally, remembering the hard work your friend put into it for your sake. Then, one day, your friend comes back and sees the cake . He remarks on how the cake's gone stale. The bells and whistles are falling off, so he offers to fix it up for you. So you give him the cake, excited to experience the cake as you had the first time. So a week passes, and your friend comes back and presents you with the new cake. You open the box and there's the new cake. It's chocolate. "Chocolate?" You ask. "The old cake was vanilla." "Well," your friend begins, "It wasn't exactly me who did the reworking of the cake. My friend did it, he's newer at baking, bit I assure you, it's the same level of quality as mine. It just has a few differences." Well, you can accept and appreciate changes, as long as the final product is good. But wait, that smell... You lead in towards the cake, and take a nice whiff. This... isn't chocolate at all it's...shit. Real, unfiltered, human(you hope), feces. It's not just the icing either. It's the whole cake. Down to the core. Upon further inspection, you notice you notice the bells and whistles are really bits of corn and dingleberries. So many questions run through your mind. Why did someone take out everything good about the original and replace it with... this. Would'nt it take less effort to just put some new icing on it? How did your friend, a quality baker, give this mess to you with the same smile as the first? And above all, Am I being punked?

That cake is the Silent Hill Hd collection.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:13 am

Jason wrote:
Also PC version has quicksave and quickload which is fucking brilliant just because I don't have to keep playing until I find a savepoint/backtrack to one when I want to quit.
I don't remember if it's the PC version of 2 or 3, or both, but in at least one of them, using the quicksave feature instead of an actual save point sets the difficulties straight to easy.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:17 am

Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:49 pm

I looked it up and the difficulty change does not seem to be the case, at lest with #2, thankfully.

That really sucks about the HD collection. What specifically did they change that made them so horrible? I didn't even know it existed and I'm glad, or I may have gone out and spent money on that junk.

Edit: I'm reading reviews on amazon that list some of the issues and that's fucking insane. How could they release that? Apparently someone that worked on it was quoted as saying the source code they got from konami wasn't even that of the final release, so it's like they were porting a buggy beta version.

How the fuck could they release that? They should discontinue and redo that shit, assholes.

Double edit: Reading reviews from this year though and a lot of them are 4-5 stars, saying they've patched it and it works fine now other than a few jerky parts. So WHO KNOWS.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Can't get the resolution mod to work at all, I think because I pirated it and the .exe is already cracked, the patcher won't work on it. Oh well. It really doesn't look that terrible on a lower resolution and stretched, just feels like I'm playing PS2. Honestly though I'd fucking buy it if a digital version existed and not only rare physical versions for 100+ dollars and a broken console "HD" version.

Bunch of assholes. Just made it a digital download for 10$ that's more than a game that old is worth and people would dang buy it.
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Silent Hill 3 should be on steam if anything, its the least broken and by far the best looking and running. Its a pretty fucking perfect port aside from needing a widescreen patch cause its grampa old.

Its keyboard and mouse controls are incredible as well, couldnt believe how they got the SH wonky controls to end up working so well with mouse/kb in SH3. I would still prefer a controller though, but mouse and keyboard are perfectly fine, but only in SH3.

For some reason they fucked them up hard as fuck in SH2 and SH4 to the point a controller really is needed. But SH4 when your inside The Room its better to use the mouse/kb because its first person.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:43 pm

I played P.T. yesterday with my roommates. Within the first minute or so, we had a huge jump scare and got killed by the ghost, and everyone was freaking out. I decided to play and got through the first loop with a walkthrough for one little part, and at one point, a painting that was hanging in our apartment fell off the wall, and the glass shattered. The other 3 people were hiding elsewhere in the apartment by that point, so they thought the crash was part of the game.

It was terrifying.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 pm

The hype is real

bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm

So what do PT and this trailer have to do with the game? Is any of this actually canon or are they just showing off random stuff to keep us interested?
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:07 pm

bl4nk wrote:So what do PT and this trailer have to do with the game? Is any of this actually canon or are they just showing off random stuff to keep us interested?
Nobody's 100% sure at this point, but I'm pretty sure it's just Kojima proving to Silent Hill fans that he's capable of making them shit themselves, since people were worried about his handling of the franchise since he has no previous knowledge of making horror games. If I had to guess PT and the trailer have little to no relation to the plot of the full game.

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://mobile.twitter.com/tvsmatthackn ... 7427447808

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Last edited by Sanvich Hoovy on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Tis a sad day in the Horror genre history.

I wonder what happened for it to just cancel like that?

I guess because Kojima is leaving Konami in September after Phantom Pain releases?

Also if you haven't played the PT demo, be sure to grab it while you can before they take it off the PSN.