Overwatch

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Maha

Re: Overwatch

Post by Maha » Tue May 10, 2016 10:34 pm

KatanaRama wrote:Also how were you guys recording the potgs? I have some stuff I'd like to share
If you get a Play of the Game it'll go in your Highlights from the main menu. I've just been replaying them from there and recording with Fraps.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon May 23, 2016 10:06 pm

does anyone hear happen to have integrated graphics? the game looks interesting but I'm afraid I won't be able to run it after I've already forked over $60 :( unfortunately the open beta overlapped perfectly with my exams so I wasn't able to play it.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 pm

after poking around on reddit some more, it sounds like you can get a refund for technical issues. might have to get this
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Tue May 24, 2016 7:14 pm

I was a bit disappointed at how poorly the game runs on an average computer tbh. I have to play with all the settings at the lowest and with the game set at a higher priority
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed May 25, 2016 1:41 am

If you're running two monitors, kill one. A friend of mine with an average pc and two monitors was strugglin', but killed one and now it runs 60fps high-med settings. Not sure what his GPU is tho.

I thought the game was p darn well optimized
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Wed May 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Nah I only have one monitor. Though I guess your definition of average pc might be different to mine.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed May 25, 2016 6:48 pm

his gpu is a 950 which is pretty average, he just has two monitors for lols
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu May 26, 2016 12:24 pm

on the PLAYSTATION QUAD it runs well.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Can I get an updated list of everyone who plays? Just bought the game and my battle.net account is pretty slim pickins'
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 pm

I'll probably be giving it a shot.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 pm

preordered right after the open beta ended ahah, playing on PC with the rest of the cool kids
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 am

Yeah in mumble people are playing Overwatch as much as Dota now, which is saying something, so if you own the game you should hop in and play with them. The game looks and sounds really fun, but since I just dropped $60 on Dark Souls 3 and can't run it, it might be a bit before I buy it due to lack of money and not wanting to get burned again.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Maha

Post by Maha » Fri May 27, 2016 10:56 am

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Yeah in mumble people are playing Overwatch as much as Dota now, which is saying something, so if you own the game you should hop in and play with them. The game looks and sounds really fun, but since I just dropped $60 on Dark Souls 3 and can't run it, it might be a bit before I buy it due to lack of money and not wanting to get burned again.
I'd really recommend using here for having a ballpark idea to what your PC can run.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Fri May 27, 2016 3:35 pm

apparently it can run on intel hd graphics. not sure how potato-y your computer is hoovy, but it can't be as potato-y as mine (i7 and 8GB RAM, but intel hd 4600 GPU).
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Fri May 27, 2016 7:06 pm

I'm still planning on getting it as long as you people keep playing it. I ain't gonna sink money into it just to have j2 get bored and stop playing it a few weeks down the road.
stabbyclaus wrote:Can I get an updated list of everyone who plays? Just bought the game and my battle.net account is pretty slim pickins'
What's your battle.net account id?
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto