Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Roughjericho

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Post by Roughjericho » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:33 pm

dmitri ravinoff wrote:people seem a little down on the story in the reddit thread. agree/disagree, jericho?
I'll give my opinion on it when I play through it.
dmitri ravinoff wrote:also if you spoil it I'll tear your esophagus out
lol, don't worry about that

i've got pretty much a whole day to myself just to play it thanks to a class schedule change so i'll post first impressions at the end of it

edit 8/23: or i can do it now lol. Played a bit of it earlier. If you've played Human Revolution, expect more Human Revolution, plus a new coat of paint, a few rough edges smoothed out, and a few new toys to boot. So far, so good, though. Not gonna play too much more today since i've got a new laptop to set up so :x
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:52 pm

I LOVED human revolution. I still remember it fondly both the story and the mechanics. Next month I'll be picking up a new game and am debating between this and No Man's Sky. I've watched No Man's Sky and it looks fun, but the story behind human revolution is what hooked me in. How is the story so far Jericho? Good?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Hahaha you're joking about No Mans Sky, right?
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:56 am

Neelpos wrote:Hahaha you're joking about No Mans Sky, right?
???
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 am

Ian7 wrote:
???
NMS is a really good sandbox game in that it's like playing in a real box of sand. I'm saying there's nothing to do.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:17 am

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Ian7 wrote:
???
NMS is a really good sandbox game in that it's like playing in a real box of sand. I'm saying there's nothing to do.
Well yeah that's kinda my issue with it. I feel like money would be better sent on something like deus ex since it has story and more mechanics that I like. Or I might just keep playing the fuck out of overwatch idk.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:23 am

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:NMS is a really good sandbox game in that it's like playing in a real box of sand. I'm saying there's nothing to do.
quite right, lmao

On topic:
Ian7 wrote:How is the story so far Jericho? Good?
I haven't played enough to have a fully fleshed out opinion on it, but so far it's pretty damn good. It's starting to bring in more from the original Deus Ex (a certain Mr. Page makes an appearance fairly early, so he might be playing a big role here) and i'm seeing design and story parallels between the two so i'm pretty happy at this point. Quite a few callbacks to HR are in the mix (as well as the beginnings of answers about what happened after Panchaea) so overall first impressions of the story are positive.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:19 pm

I'll trade $50 of whatever you want on Steam for one of them there GreenManGaming keys ($45) by the way.

I'd buy it outright but I have ~$70 in my Steam wallet because I sold my CS:GO skins and I'd rather use that.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Neelpos wrote:I'll trade $50 of whatever you want on Steam for one of them there GreenManGaming keys ($45) by the way.

I'd buy it outright but I have ~$70 in my Steam wallet because I sold my CS:GO skins and I'd rather use that.
Hmm maybe I should sell my CSGO skins as well see how much I can get. That way I can buy one of these two "discounted".
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Finally picked this up since it was on sale.

It feels less refined than the last game. Lots of weird glitches too.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits