Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Roughjericho

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Post by Roughjericho » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:33 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... 68435.aspx

More Adam Jensen! More conspiracies! More bald men with augmentations!

I didn't ask for this, but I sure as hell like what I see.

EDIT: Oh hey, box art.

Last edited by Roughjericho on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maha

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Post by Maha » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:39 pm

More punching civilians for no reason!

I asked for this...
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm so excited for this, do we know of any locations other than eastern Europe that it will take place in? I'm hoping to revisit east asia, that was my favorite part of the game.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:47 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited! cyberpunk Heavy looks pretty fucking cool and I just fucking enjoy cyberpunk in general. the whole aug vs. not thing was so awesome. man I need to read some more cyberpunk. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
A Ninja wrote:I'm hoping to revisit east asia, that was my favorite part of the game.
same here, Hengsha was a fucking sick city.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Any details on which ending from Human Revolution is cannon to this? The ending I liked best was setting the self district on the Panchaea and letting humanity progress on its own.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Maha wrote:Any details on which ending from Human Revolution is cannon to this? The ending I liked best was setting the self district on the Panchaea and letting humanity progress on its own.
Looks like humanity is responding as if everyone has a different interpretation of "The Aug Event" and Panchaea disaster, so I'm gonna guess the answer is "All of them", one way or another all three perspectives reach the masses and I'm gonna guess Panchaea was destroyed and the shots of Jensen floating in the water are from the opening of the game.

Also gonna call it right now, Adam is going to die and his DNA will be used to create the Dentons (Adam the angel leading to JC shit this is biblical). This is taking place around the time of the MJ12/Illuminati split which, good golly gosh, involved a disagreement over cloning.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I really need to go back and replay The first Deus Ex, I remember nothing from it story wise.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Neelpos wrote:
Maha wrote:Any details on which ending from Human Revolution is cannon to this? The ending I liked best was setting the self district on the Panchaea and letting humanity progress on its own.
Looks like humanity is responding as if everyone has a different interpretation of "The Aug Event" and Panchaea disaster, so I'm gonna guess the answer is "All of them", one way or another all three perspectives reach the masses and I'm gonna guess Panchaea was destroyed and the shots of Jensen floating in the water are from the opening of the game.

Also gonna call it right now, Adam is going to die and his DNA will be used to create the Dentons (Adam the angel leading to JC shit this is biblical). This is taking place around the time of the MJ12/Illuminati split which, good golly gosh, involved a disagreement over cloning.
they have it on record that none of the endings from DX:HR are canon actually
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Roughjericho wrote:
Neelpos wrote:

they have it on record that none of the endings from DX:HR are canon actually
Which is what I'm saying, they're all canon and they're all not canon, elements will be taken from all of the endings. They're going to pull the same bullshit as Invisible War and we're gonna have to be hopeful they don't end up with another trainwreck
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 pm

sad news: Malik won't be coming back because they can't incorporate the choice over her death
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Details so far, provided by game informer. Wouldn't let me put it in a list with spoilers, so meh.

[*]Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
[*]Listed as singleplayer, no mention of multiplayer
[*]Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new branch of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
[*]Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
[*]Jensen doesn't fully trust Task Force 29, so he also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective (whose potential leader Janus gets brief screentime at the end of Missing Link calling Garvin)
[*]In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
[*]Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
[*]Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
[*]The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
[*]With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
[*]Added a lot of diversity to the environments
[*]One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek (~meaning shelter) Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
[*]It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
[*]Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
[*]Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
[*]Can choose to converse with the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
[*]Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
[*]Potential for Jensen to engage in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
[*]Side quests meant to be more meaningful, ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
[*]No fetch quests: the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
[*]Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
[*]Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (combo with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
[*]New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
[*]Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
[*]Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
[*]Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
[*]No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
[*]No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
[*]"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
[*]Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
[*]Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
[*]Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
[*]Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc. (a la Crysis it seems)
[*]Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
[*]Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc.
[*]Focused on making A.I. more intelligent, aggressive, flanking, etc.
[*]Certain elements of the environment now react to combat
[*]Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 pm

A Ninja wrote:[*]Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
My "Jensen is going to die" theory gains more ground.
A Ninja wrote:[*]The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
Lol no shit. Also again, more "Jensen dies, cloned into the Dentons" hints. Someone owes me a blowie if I'm right.
A Ninja wrote:Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (combo with cloaking)
Wait that's already a thing in HR.
A Ninja wrote:[*]Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
No more batteries? Cause that'd be swell.
A Ninja wrote:[*]"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
Oh thank god.
A Ninja wrote:[*]Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
OH THANK GOD.

Only complaint so far is that Malik is either dead or simply not present.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Fuck yeah!
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:57 am

damn it guys I just played human revolution for 4 hours. damn it I had things I should've done
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 am

dmitri ravinoff wrote:damn it guys I just played human revolution for 4 hours. damn it I had things I should've done
dammit you just made me reinstall that