Star Wars Battlefront: It's Not Battlefield I Swear Edition™

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Star Wars Battlefront: It's Not Battlefield I Swear Edition™

Post by Neelpos » Wed May 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Hasn't been any discussion here as far as I can tell, but I'd assume most of you know what's going on with it.
For those not in the know, the new Battlefront had a lot of information released on it back at the Star Wars Celebration in April. A full reveal is expected at E3 but the information that's already been provided is incredibly disheartening, everything from no Galactic Conquest, to no space battles, to vehicles like AT-AT's being set pieces rather than pilotable vehicles. There won't even be any prequel settings, it's all episodes 4-7.

Was inspired to make this thread when I found out that someone had scooped up the EAStarWars.com domain and put up a list of all the dead features, as well as the logo of every studio that EA has bought out and then killed. Pretty funny.
http://www.eastarwars.com/

The Original BattleFront 3 alpha looked so good, too...
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Re: Star Wars Battlefront: It's Not Battlefield I Swear Edit

Post by Maha » Wed May 20, 2015 6:19 pm

I couldn't care any less about this game if I tried after hearing all of that.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Maha wrote:I couldn't care any less about this game if I tried after hearing all of that.
Ditto. Not giving any more money to EA. Fuck 'em.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed May 20, 2015 7:29 pm

I thought the whole "no gc or space battles" thing was more of an assumption since they haven't been talking about them rather than a confirmed fact. Maybe they're waiting to reveal the full feature list until E3? Honestly, people seem to be giving up on this without giving it a chance. Christ, we haven't even gotten gameplay footage of it yet, so how can you say you aren't interested? I'm waiting for a full reveal before I say anything too negative, and what'll end up making or breaking the game is if they managed to capture the feel of the past games. I want the characters and vehicles to feel as quick and light as they did in the last games as opposed to the way they do in battlefield, where they're all weighed down, slow, and the vehicles I remember being a nightmare to control.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:I thought the whole "no gc or space battles" thing was more of an assumption since they haven't been talking about them rather than a confirmed fact.
Everything in that list has been confirmed by outside sources including IGN, PC Gamer, Tech Times, Destructoid, Etc.
The only unconfirmed ones are the extent of the AI being entirely restricted to one map/one mode, and the omission of Galactic Conquest.
“Are we going to see space battles?” I asked DICE producer Craig Mcleod. His answer was a bit more politic than “no,” but didn’t leave much room for ambiguity. “We’re focusing on epic planetary battles for this game,” he said.
Additionally one can be disappointed after being provided details, which is what Maha and I are. Neither of us outright condemn the final product because we don't know the final product, what we DO condemn is what's been revealed, and express concern that further revelations will continue to disappoint.
Last edited by Neelpos on Wed May 20, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed May 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Not that I won't be paying attention to it, I'll definitely see what they'll do for E3 but right now my excitement for this game as a Battlefront fan is pretty much nonexistent.

Man, the battle that took place against that crashed Super Star Destroyer that we saw in the trailer must have been fucking crazy. I wanna play that! I don't give a shit what the troops in the sand are doing!
Usernamedoesnotexist
Resident Rule Breaker

Post by Usernamedoesnotexist » Thu May 21, 2015 12:10 am

I just thought I'd contribute a little gem I found on the interwebs
http://eastarwarsbattlefront.com/
Am I JUST a Username? Or am I MORE than just a Username?

... Nah... I'm just a dude on the internet
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Usernamedoesnotexist wrote:I just thought I'd contribute a little gem I found on the interwebs
http://eastarwarsbattlefront.com/
So someone stole the image from http://www.eastarwars.com and made a mirror site, but with an obnoxious slow-reveal, less information, and a grating midi trumpet wav... why?

Seriously though, did anyone really expect EA to do this right? They are just re-skinning Battlefield with Star Wars visuals and sound effects; they've spent many years refining the BF formula and it's made them plenty of money. What's that old adage?... "If it ain't broke, keep leeching the money from your customers' wallets while bastardizing their dreams"...Or something like that.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Parasyte wrote:someone stole the image
The image is from /v/, which is also where the owners of both sites come from.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Thu May 21, 2015 7:18 pm

The disappointment will be real. :(
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Really just seems like they're making a damn BF style shooter w/ Star Wars skins
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
jermm

Post by jermm » Sun May 24, 2015 5:30 pm

garden warfare was great so PopCap should be in charge of all EA shooters.
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 am

So now that we got some gameplay finally. Opinions? All I can hear are the Willhelm screams.

KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:21 am

Look, to be honest that didn't look all too bad at all. I actually think that it'll be a good game. Just not the game everyone really wants it to be.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Bash

Post by Bash » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm

The gameplay itself looks badass. Very reassuring, I don't know about the whole 'missions' thing replacing instant action or galactic conquest. But the multiplayer round looked really well done. I hope they dial down the power of the Heroes, or make them harder to get. Because in BF2 they were waaaaay OP in multiplayer. My only real fear will be the out-of-gameplay garbage that I'm expecting: Crates/Cases. Microtrans, and other money whoring fun killing shit-faced corporate ideas that clutter up the game market today.
Bash_: ill "hoppin" in a sex
Bash_: sec*
Bash_: lol
Nonon: lマオ
Nonon: lmao*
Nonon: "ill 'hoppin' in a sex" - bash 2016
Bash_: I want you to spray paint that on my grave