Fallout 4 (Nuka World release date: August 30th)

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Re: Fallout 4 (releases November 10th, 2015)

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:41 pm

I accidentally shoot people all the time because the dialog wheel disappears right before I click. I'm no peasant so I'm not using any keys to make dialog choices.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:00 pm

dialogue is shit, bethesda please bring back 3/nv dialogue menus

i'm feeling pretty much like i'm being railroaded in some quests, anyone else? doesn't seem like there's much complexity to them, and from what I can tell for said quests there's only 2 resolutions: kill $whatever or just... not do the quests. There's at the very least enough to keep me interested, but the sheer laziness of some of these quests...

fo4's storytelling as a whole is a step above fallout 3 for reals, but i wouldn't rate it above NV, there's not nearly enough choices. Tell me exactly why I can't just take over $faction 's base? Or negotiate peace treaties/alliances? SOMETHING?

seems like this is pretty much a MGSV situation: story sucks, gameplay is top notch. At the very least, though, FO4 is addictive enough to actually play all the way through and start again with it when i'm finished with one playthrough (think i'm on my third character right now) while MGSV went to shit when the second act came around and i... haven't really touched it since Fallout 4 came out.

All in all, FO4 has great gameplay, falters but doesn't fall storywise, and is overall a good experience.

...i'm getting into modding the second the GECK is released though...
Maha

Post by Maha » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 pm

There's no Evil options, you literally can't be evil. There's so many people I wanna shoot in the head and I don't think I'm even halfway through the story.

Why would you take one of the most fun aspects from the previous games out?!
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:33 am

god bless re-releases
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:25 pm

wheee waiting for the DLC & the GECK yaaaay

116 hours and i've resorted to the non-GECK mods we currently have to keep this game at least moderately fresh

48/50 achievements but the last two are complete arses to attain so fuckit.

wheeeeeeeeee
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:54 am

0 hours for me

not a big fan of fallout boy
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Grndslmhttr3

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:07 am

I have 70-something hours logged, haven't played it in over a month since it really just isn't that spectacular. The "review" django posted in another thread is pretty spot-on.

Might give Witcher 3 another playthrough, though. Hopefully the new DLC comes out sooner rather than later.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 pm

I only made it to 50, across 3 characters. It was a pretty big letdown. I did enjoy a good amount of the characters/story, the gunplay was a massive step up from 3/NV, but it was seriously lacking in RPG elements. All 3 of my characters, though their points were in very different places, ended up feeling the same. I felt no drive to continue getting stronger or continue doing quests, and the setting just doesn't really sell it for me. With Skyrim (although it too was pretty streamlined and simple) I felt it was a lot easier to role-play, and I felt like there was just a lot more things worth doing - which is saying a lot, because Skyrim. I guess the environment of TES is just one I'm more fond of exploring and being in. It's a fun game, but it's nowhere near as engrossing as the previous installments or other games I've played this year.
roughjericho wrote:All in all, FO4 has great gameplay, falters but doesn't fall storywise, and is overall a good experience.
This is accurate, but I'd change it to

All in all, FO4 has great gameplay, falters but doesn't fall storywise, and is overall a good experience. However, it's lacking in places that previous games succeeded such as character uniquity, environmental variation/interest, quest variety, and overall depth.

7.5/10, bigger disappointment than MGSV but by no means terrible.

So I went back to Bloodborne and logged my 500th hour. :toot:
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:54 pm

So im about 15 hours in. Currently aligned with the Brotherhood of Steel. Just went to the glowing sea and as soon as I get there BAM TWO FUCKING DEATH CLAWS OUT OF NO WHERE. A legendary one pops up in front of me and I turn around to see a regular one charging me. Shit got cray and I took some DRUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Grndslmhttr3

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:31 am

I also think about 20, maybe more, of my hours logged are from me just leaving the game open while afk
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 pm

153 hours across 3 characters. Gonna do one more to get the final end route available (which is kind of a non route), but so many hours because I am a map crawler and love scouring the wasteland for unmarked locations and goodies.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:26 pm

holy fuck finally some news

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fa ... 6/02/16/77

3 DLCs featured:

--- AUTOMATRON - $10 - March 2016 ---
The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!
--- Wasteland Workshop - $5 - April 2016 ---
With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!
--- Far Harbor - $25 - May 2016 ---
A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Bethesda is planning for more DLCs over the course of 2016, and is going to increase the price of the Season Pass to $50 on March 1st to compensate for the newly expanded plans.

My recommendation to you if Far Harbor looks tempting: Get the season pass NOW instead of waiting for the DLC to come out; it's still $30 as of this writing and you'll get all the other DLCs that come along, too.

edited: lolgrammar
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 am

A trailer has been released for Automatron -

Release date is March 22nd.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:59 pm

geck when gfdi

Wasteland Workshop is pretty decent for 5 bucks; here's the trailer:

Basically gives you a ton of stuff to place around settlements. Pretty good quality; but those wanting settlements to be more fleshed out in general will be disappointed.

Far Harbor next month, but GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GET CLEM GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN GECK WHEN
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:00 pm