Dark Souls 3- Ignore original assumptions, prepare to hype

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Re: Dark Souls 3- Ignore original assumptions, prepare to hy

Post by narwal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:34 am

Neat. Getting some builds running rn, I'll drop in tomorrow to see if anyone wants 2 get rekt on
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:45 pm

also ITT, POST UR DOODS
Here's my pyroknight.
final boss arena spoiler in here
VIEW CONTENT:
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:56 am

So I accidentally fell in love with the Farron GS on my main character so much for samurai man. The thing is a total beast for PvE and PvP. Cool as hell too.
Also, there is some seriously cancer weapons. Same offenders as in DKS2, Straight swords are the worst by far (R1 spam is still OP), curved swords hit like a truck and are too damge fast and the animations are wonky, and though katanas aren't so bad overall, the running attack is bullshit again and there is a surprising lack of counterplay to someone who just spams the running R1.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:52 am

narwal wrote:also ITT, POST UR DOODS
VIEW CONTENT:

Easy Souls Strength/Vitality build with Orstein Hammer. Btw, i think you trigger the bad ending when you change the music of Firelink Shrine when you give that item to the fire-keeper.
I'm also halfway through new game + thanks to the Boreal Dancer Boss shortcut
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Is it me or are Bonefires super close together in this one?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Yes, easiest dark souls yet
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:36 am

Heads up, unless they buff it there's no reason to go Faith, it's useless.
Offensive spells all suck dick in PvP and there's nothing with faith scaling that is actually viable unless you're down for light weapon glass cannon.

Gotta farm tongues to get a reroll to a Quality Onion BUT IT'S LIKE EVERYONE HAS A 50 LEVEL ADVANTAGE BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Good to know. I wasn't feeling pyromancy at first, but once I found chaos fireball that helped out a lot. Also you can parry off a black flame shield break, so that is cool too
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Neelpos wrote:Heads up, unless they buff it there's no reason to go Faith, it's useless.
Offensive spells all suck dick in PvP and there's nothing with faith scaling that is actually viable unless you're down for light weapon glass cannon.

Gotta farm tongues to get a reroll to a Quality Onion BUT IT'S LIKE EVERYONE HAS A 50 LEVEL ADVANTAGE BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT
Wat. Nameless King's Swordspear is horribly overtuned, Dark Sword enchanted with Lightning gets an S scaling with faith, Sunlight Spear chunks for 500+ with 50 FTH, Corvian Scythe scales S with faith when Lightning enchanted, Sacred Oath exists and stacks with Deep Protection. The thing with magic in general in this game is that it only really scales well once you invest 40-50 points into the stat. My 40/40 dark build has Forbidden Suns that hit for 750 and Sunlight Spears that hit for ~400.

Not to mention a host of great Faith weapons and great new miracles. Faith got lovin' in this game, it just sucks if you don't invest into it well. Which is great, I think.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Double post: not to mention Tears of Denial which is meta as fuck and Eleonora. Lrn2faith pleb
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Swordspear is good, dark sword is a papercutter at Lvl120 to any build with medium armor, who'll use the fact that you're not able to stagger them to smack you with more damage, 40FTH sunlight spears were landing for <200dmg when I could tag someone, casting time on most offensive miracles too long to be viable. Sacred Oath is useless because you can just use the Sunlight Straight Sword art to get it without needing a spell slot. Haven't tried the Corvian. There's maybe two FTH weapons with natural scaling, almost all are just a FTH requirement or meant to be INT/FTH splits.

I'll adjust my statement: STR/FTH sucks in PvP at level 120, if you want to use FTH either go all out or mix it with something else like INT.

Also fucking hell Miyazaki why'd you have to make Catarina weigh 8 million pounds and make forces casting time so long that you cast it on game start and it doesn't go off until NG+7
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Neelpos wrote:Swordspear is good, dark sword is a papercutter at Lvl120 to any build with medium armor, who'll use the fact that you're not able to stagger them to smack you with more damage, 40FTH sunlight spears were landing for <200dmg when I could tag someone, casting time on most offensive miracles too long to be viable. Sacred Oath is useless because you can just use the Sunlight Straight Sword art to get it without needing a spell slot. Haven't tried the Corvian. There's maybe two FTH weapons with natural scaling, almost all are just a FTH requirement or meant to be INT/FTH splits.

I'll adjust my statement: STR/FTH sucks in PvP at level 120, if you want to use FTH either go all out or mix it with something else like INT.

Also fucking hell Miyazaki why'd you have to make Catarina weigh 8 million pounds and make forces casting time so long that you cast it on game start and it doesn't go off until NG+7
Do you have an upgraded talisman? and yeah, offensive miracles aren't that great due to shit tracking.

WotG with superpoise is ridiculous, and there's a host of other weapons that do well with FTH infusion (Astora Greatsword gets an S in FTH with Lightning, for example)

Also: do you have the Sage ring? if not

whats wrong with you.mp4

there's also Dragonslayer's Greataxe, which is RIDICULOUS damage. there's also Creighton's Axe or an infused battle axe (A or S in faith with lightning)
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Had a fully upgraded Tally and Sage Ring.

Already rerolled as Quality and getting much better bang for the buck.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:04 am

As of right now I feel I have to agree with Neel. Magic seems to better as augmentation to a build rather than a focus. The damage turnout and viability is much better that way tbh. Also it's less viable as you often need to convert estus to ashen for the FP, which means you're gonna be able to heal even less then the guy who just went full on melee (applies to PvE and PvP)
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:28 am

On a sorta related note of balance, am I the only one who's currently disappointed with the fist weapons in the game? Fist weapons were great in DkS2, bone fist was viable and felt awesome to use, claws were great for bleed builds, and the caestus was even meta at one point.
In this one however, the range is terrible, the movesets are kinda garbo, and the damage seems to get outclassed easily. They seem meh for PvE, and very close to unviable in PvP. It kinda makes me sad that "Demon Fist Geol" will be trash for at least awhile.
Though it may be presumptive of me to say that fists are bad, as I haven't gotten him to late game yet, and the scaling seems promising, so we'll see.