Warhammer: Vermintide

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Mastermind1011

Warhammer: Vermintide

Post by Mastermind1011 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

It's Left 4 Dead with a focus on melee combat, multiple classes with unique roles, a loot system that adds a little progression without making new players useless (LOOKING AT YOU PAYDAY/KILLING FLOOR), and big ass maps with some neat themes (M.C. Escher Tower is a thing)

Since Payday is now just about as bad as Hitler and L4D2 is 8 years old, this might be worth looking into. It's getting very solid reviews, so don't let the fact that historically Warhammer has been associated with trash video games more often than not scare you off.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Warhammer: Vermintide

Post by A Ninja » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:33 pm

I've been a pretty big warhammer binge lately (mostly 40k), I might pick this up after doing a bit more research on it.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:31 pm

I might be interested - looks pretty cool. kinda want to wait a little longer and see what the consensus is on it

totalbiscuit did one of his review videos on it and it looks neat

I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:05 am

Bought it, fun a bit interesting the way the loot system works, better loot the harder you make the level through pickups throughout the map.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.