Aviary Attorney

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Waterbear

Aviary Attorney

Post by Waterbear » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:41 am

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630/ On sale for 15% off. Costs $12.74 until Jan 4
The year is 1848. Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

One man stands for justice amid society's chaos. No. One bird...

Play the role of Monsieur Jayjay Falcon, a bird of prey with a good heart and questionable lawyering expertise. Join him and his witty apprentice, Sparrowson, as the two take on clients, interview witnesses, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty.

With art by 19th century caricaturist J. J. Grandville, and music by legendary romantic-era composer Camille Saint-Saëns, this game promises to be a ~swanderful~ experience.

This hilarious and witty little game from Kickstarter won me over as soon as I saw the bird art. I'm a sucker for birds.
It starts out as a simple court case solving sort of game, but by the third act the filthy bourgeoisie scum of France fear for their lives as the glorious rebels begin to overthrow the corrupt government. It gets dangerous for the citizens of Paris, including Falcon and Sparrowson.

The gameplay is very similar to Pheonix Wright games from what I gather (I never actually played ace attorney dont lynch me). You accept a case, and you have a couple of days to visit different areas of the city to talk to people and gather evidence. When you're in the courtroom, you get to cross-examine witnesses and you must back up your claims with evidence. Unlike PW however, your actions have consequences that can lose you the case... or worse. That doesn't mean the game ends and you have to restart though, the game can just keep going and you have to live with what you've done. There are three different endings, and from what I can tell from my playthrough, i think 2 of them are "bad" ones. ;___;

The game isn't really ~dark~ though. Its humor is definitely more lighthearted and reminded me of Monkey Island.

Image Image

It has a couple problems though. I dont think it has a sort of skipping option for dialog (or fast forward or whatever that most Visual Novel type games tend to have). It also doesn't have keyboard or controller support (yet?? Not sure if they're planning on it). And one of the endings is currently bugged/unfinished and crashes, but I think they're rolling out a patch for it soon.

Overall, this game definitely surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. ALL the characters had a lot of character believe it or not. I love the art. The music is great (even if a little loud). There is no voiceover/dub/whatever, but the SFX did a really great job at making the world come alive. I give the game a solid Long Live the Queen / 10.
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Aviary Attorney

Post by Django » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:52 am

"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

Post by jamietech » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:33 am

waterbear this better be good
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

Post by jamietech » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:53 pm

thanks waterbear i love it
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:41 am

This looks like it would be fun if I could like fuckin shoot lasers or some shit.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:15 am

Jason wrote:This looks like it would be fun if I could like fuckin shoot lasers or some shit.
Definately, still waiting for the first ever bird first person shooter.
In the meanwhile, all we can do with our state of the art technology is make a visual novel for people with filthy bird fetish :/
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."