Battleborn

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
timtoborne

Battleborn

Post by timtoborne » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Battleborn is a Moba/FPS game, like overwatch, but is drastically different in gameplay.

It's slower in pace, and player deaths MATTER in late game. Overwatch is more FPS than moba, and Battleborn is more moba than FPS. I played the beta, and it was the most fun I've had in 8 years of multiplayer gaming, and I only played for 3 days!

It's the only game I've ever pre-ordered, and I can't wait to spend a shit-ton of time playing it.
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Maha

Re: Battleborn

Post by Maha » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Why are people calling Overwatch a MOBA? It's not remotely MOBA like except that characters have Ults.

But yes, Battleborn is pretty good.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 pm

eh, it's alright, but nothing too special. Don't think i'll be buying it.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 am

Roughjericho wrote:eh, it's alright, but nothing too special. Don't think i'll be buying it.
It's really sad to me that all my friends who are console scrubs (yeah I said it). Actually think that Battleborn is some brand new idea. They had never heard of Monday Night Combat when I brought it up. The two games (while different in their own respects) play very similar. So I wasn't too impressed by it. At least not enough to drop $60 for no reason.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:46 am

So did anyone buy this??? I did this past week cause I had been playing it on my buddies xbone and loved it.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Sorry to triple post but I cannot rave enough about how freaking fun this game is. I've had it a week and already logged 24 hours.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Maha wrote:Why are people calling Overwatch a MOBA? It's not remotely MOBA like except that characters have Ults.

But yes, Battleborn is pretty good.
Sorry, took me a while to post back. I've been taking a break from the internet, but it's less of them being like MOBAs, and more of them having moba elements. Overwatch is the least MOBA inspired of the two, and is more similar to tf2 matches lasting no more than 15-20 minutes, while Battleborn has two gamemodes that revolve around minions, and the matches are made to last around 30 minutes.

Overwatch is for people who like fast paced action where skill is in reaction time and team comp, and Battleborn is for people who like slower, more strategic gameplay. Unless you're playing Oscar Mike or Rath. It's just like playing Call of Duty or Metal Gear Rising respectively.

(I own both, and can't stop playing Battleborn... I have issues xD)
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.