Battlefield 2142 revive

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Battlefield 2142 revive

Post by rottencheeseCA » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:11 am

Battlefield 2142 remake anyone? Gonna check this out tomorrow and let you know if is good.
https://bl2142.co/
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Roughjericho

Re: Battlefield 2142 revive

Post by Roughjericho » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm

From what I can tell, it's not a remake- more a mod that lets the game use the custom server browser they've created.

anyways, not gonna be able to check this out for a while- schoolwork is bleeeegh
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:44 pm

is this legit/not as blatant piracy as it looks like?
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:41 am

Well, it is. But EA doesn't care, since they don't run 2142 anymore. Played it a little last week and it seems to work just as good as I remember. Doesn't support my new monitor resolution, but that's the base games fault.
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
prolix

Post by prolix » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm

rottencheeseCA wrote:Well, it is. But EA doesn't care, since they don't run 2142 anymore. Played it a little last week and it seems to work just as good as I remember. Doesn't support my new monitor resolution, but that's the base games fault.

are you trying to use an ultra wide? Refractor 2 doesn't have native ultra wide support, it barely had normal widescreen support. :^)

if you are trying to do 2k/4k lemme know i can send you a config for that. BF2/project reality and BF2142 use same config files.

as for how these things work, basicly EA is not bashing these people (yet?) for reverse engineering the gamespy server. Since these games only piracy protection was gamespy itself and a simple cdkey checker anyone can run any old battlefield game pre bf4 with a crack to the game and a working daemon. it hasn't been done with bad company and shit yet but it's only a matter of time.

I don't know how EA will handle this use of there IP though. I paid good money for these games and I expect them to be playable even if I have to patch it myself.