Games With Recipe Books/Game Related Recipes

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Hellboy

Games With Recipe Books/Game Related Recipes

Post by Hellboy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Obsidian routinely includes recipes with a lot of their games. If you Kickstarted 'Pillars of Eternity,' one of the special tiers came with a PoE themed short recipe book by Tim Cain. I've made the dark chocolate cookies from this book and they're really easy to prepare and taste amazing when you get the recipe down.

'Darkest Rautai Cookies:'

3 large egg whites
2 ¼ cups confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup regular cocoa powder
¼ cup black cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp espresso powder
1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place greased parchment paper onto two
baking sheets.
Mix all of the ingredients except the chips until well-blended. Slowly stir in the chips, then scoop the dough onto the baking sheets. Make 1-2 inch cookie dough lumps, but give them 4 inches of room to spread. I recommend four rows of two cookies on each baking sheet.
Bake 8-9 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool on the sheets. Makes 16 cookies.

My own advice is don't put all the egg whites in at once, do about 2 egg whites, mix, then add 1/4th an egg white until you get a good consistency. I've made these too saucy before as a result of doing three full egg whites and they don't rise right.

The original Fallout 2 instruction manual had several recipes at the back of it as well, I believe also by Tim Cain, but I haven't made any of them yet.

For something *NOT* Obsidian recipe related, if you want to inject some CHAOS CONTROL into your next party or mixer, here's a drink recipe for a Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 themed 'Iblis Trigger,' originally created by The Posse.

'Iblis Trigger:'
2 parts Everclear
1 part NOS Powershot or comparative energy shot of your preference
1 lighter

Light on fire, blow out, serve and enjoy.

What are some of your favorite game related recipes?