my brother got mugged

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
sys

my brother got mugged

Post by sys » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 am

You might know him as "cheesy" when he plays CS:S.

On Sunday he was out with a bunch of friends, and a couple of guys came along and demanded his cell phone. He said something to the effect of "no", then he got sucker punched in the face, knocked out cold. The other guy took out a knife, and took my brother's cell phone, and one of his friends' ipod.

My brother' friends took him to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion and given a bunch of stitches since his lip was split open.

Looks like there is a possibility we can catch the guy. Apparently, the cell phone was activated the day after, so if the phone company can trace it we might get the cell-phone back. Probably the guy sold the phone, but with luck it might be possible to get him. The ipod is probably a goner though.

Anyway it's all pretty lame. Though if it results in this scumbag getting locked up it might turn out pretty sweet.
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
e_e

Re: my brother got mugged

Post by e_e » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:30 am

SO JUST BECAUSE HE GOT MUGGED THEY'RE AUTOMATICALLY BLACK, HUH? FUCKING RACIST ASSHOLE. WOW FUCK YOU. GAWD. GEEZUS. UGH.
sys

Post by sys » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:33 am

Actually, my brother and his friends are not all blind and hence were able to describe the muggers as black.
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
AlphaKennyOne

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:50 am

That sucks, man. My cousin got mugged by two dudes in Vegas (where he lives). The guy had a gun, and kept beating my cousin with it while the other guy was yelling "Just shoot him, man!" It's a scary thought to know that things could have been much worse. Glad that he's alright! Hopefully the douche gets busted.
There used to be a signature here, but it's gone now.
CaRnaGe12

Post by CaRnaGe12 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:55 am

lol yea i hate ppl that commit crimes like that.. they complain they need to so they can survive when there is plenty of other things they can do to survive.. sorry for wut happened.. lol and btw i live in vegas
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:16 am

i was on a bus and some teenagers were sitting around me. it was on Haight in san francisco, late (10pm-ish)on a sunday night. anyway while the bus is driving along one says to the other "do you still have that knife?" really loud, and i thought, what was the point of that comment? they were probably around 14-15 years old, 7 of them i think. this is about 1995 or so, so i was 24. anyway i was sitting there listening to my cd player, and the bus comes to a stop and they get up and start filing out, and then the last guy in the exit line grabs my cd player out of my hands.

i jumped up and grabbed him by the throat and pulled back my other hand ready to throw a punch and yelled at him "give me back my cd player!" and he looked super scared and said "i dont have it!" and he held his hands up. meanwhile his friends started hitting me in the sides and the back of the head and trying to reach around to hit me in the face but they were so weak and i was pumped on adrenaline i didn't even feel it. i kept yelling at the kid and was 50/50 on punching through his face and pushing his brains out the back of his skull but i dropped him and started looking on the floor in case he dropped it.

meanwhile the bus had about 20 people on it. no one moved a muscle. they sat there staring straight ahead, or looking at the fight. i started yelling at the people sitting nearby "can you help me find my cd player?? look on the floor!" but no one moved. the teenagers got the hell off the bus as fast as they could. the bus is still just sitting there, doors open, for another minute or two while i'm looking all over the floor, between peoples' legs etc. for my crappy little $100 cd player. then the bus driver finally goes into action and says "is everything ok back there?"

at that point i had given up looking for my cd player. he must have handed it to one of his friends immediately before i had grabbed him - i had lifted him up off the ground by his neck and i'm sure he didn't have it at that point because he was using both hands to try to get my hand off his neck. i told the bus driver something to the effect of "no thanks to you" and he asked if he should call the cops. someone said no and he closed the door and drove away.

at that point i was more pissed at the apathy of the people on the bus than at the teenagers. i've always broken up fights or put myself into the middle of problems to try to help solve them. when i saw someone else getting beat up by a mugger i tackled the mugger to the ground. i was disgusted that not one person on the bus had moved a muscle to do anything, including at least 5 or 6 young guys who didn't need to be afraid of some stupid 14 year olds.

anyway i made some pissed off speech about how if any of them were getting mugged i would have stopped it and some of them looked at me with guilt but most people just looked away. i said they should be ashamed of themselves and how all the crime in the world was caused by people letting it happen without doing something to stop it and how if people worked together and cared about each other there would be no crime. then i got off the bus at my stop and walked home, fantasizing about how i should have beaten the shit out of the kid that took my cd player and then beat the shit out of his 6 friends.

postscript: a week later i was at a meet n greet for some politician, it was a crappy little meeting at a bar. the politician was running for city council or something, and the meeting was for the bicycle club (back then i rode hundreds of miles a week, bicycling in the city was important to me). anyway the politician came, gave some pandering meaningless bullshit speech for 3 minutes and left. and the 10 people that showed up just sat at the bar drinking and talking. i was sitting by myself at the other end of the room the whole time and when the politician left, a jazz trio showed up and played some really great music. in this tiny bar, with the 10 or so bicyclists sitting at the bar talking, i was the only one standing by the band listening to the music. it was like my own little show, and it was really good. they did several great songs i really liked. anyway they were taking a break and one of the bicyclists came over and said "were you on a bus on haight street last sunday?" and i was kind of suspicious and said "maybe...." and he says "you gave this really amazing speech and it changed my life. i have been thinking about it all week!" and he brought over some other people to me and said "this is the guy from the bus i was just telling you about!" and apparently he had been on the bus and telling the people at the bar the story right then by coincidence.

so then they were all like "wow that's so cool" and just kind of staring at me and i said something like "too bad you guys were so busy talking about bullshit, you just missed a good jazz show" and left. fuck that apathetic spineless dude and his hipster douchebag friends. i'm telling you when the revolution comes, people like that are going to find out how far they get with an ikea entertainment center and the knowledge of how firewire hooks into an imac g4 or whatever. they'll be digging ditches. motherfuckers.

also, apparently the "do you still have that knife?" comment was meant to scare me. lolz. like i'd give a fuck, go ahead and stab me, i'll break your fucking neck before i die.

and there was a cd in the player - G Love and the special sauce. i never bought a replacement copy because i was mad about it getting stolen.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
CaRnaGe12

Post by CaRnaGe12 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:27 am

well that was truely amazing man.. lol personally i woulda done the same shit.. little ass mother fuckers think they are the shit because they travel in packs lol.. well im sorry but i hope you get that little bitch one of these days
Tuck

Post by Tuck » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:05 am

Wow, quite the story joe-I know a 747 pilot that had the shit beaten out of him even though he had a gun on him, my questing was "Why didn't you shoot the guys?"
yyyyyy
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:22 pm

Great story Joe. My bro got punched in the face by a mugger (he didn't steal anything :S) and got £1000 ($2000) compensation for it. They traced the guy from the mark from the ring of the mugger on my bro's face.

Hopefully they'll catch those guys Sys.
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
mRgRiM
Xfire: mrgrim720

Post by mRgRiM » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 pm

These things don't happen where I live, nothing even close.
CaRnaGe12

Post by CaRnaGe12 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:31 pm

same with me.. i live in las vegas.. theres no subway or ghetto here
FaT TonY

Post by FaT TonY » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:19 am

About a month ago I was walking to my friend's house and cutting trough some little park in the ghetto was the fastest way to get to her house in the other side of town. As I was walking down the concrete path, a couple of older teenage 'african americans' came up to me asking for my all of my money, cell phone , and mp3 player. Of course I said "no get the fuck out of here" and one of them stepped closer like he was going to attack me. I whipped out my 4 inch Gerber utility knife like a badass while saying "do something n****r", and he backed off some. I could tell the whole time that the other kid didn't even want to be there and at this point he said to the one that was trying to intimidate me "Come on Dontell, this fuckin' white boy ain't worth it, I don't feel like gettin' stabbed today." I guess he got through to him so the one whose name was apparently Dontell said "Fuck you white boy, your ass is lucky.", and they walked away.

The whole thing probably lasted 45 seconds but it felt like longer with the adrenaline pumping and what not. I didn't even call the cops or anything, I don't see the point, its just a fun story to tell to people. I just kept walking and didn't worry about it.
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:56 pm

yah i always have my Kershaw in my back pocket Image i was driving one day and some stupid guy pulled out of the parking lot into traffic and i almost hit him , i yelled out the window learn how to drive. I then pulled into the gas station to go get a soda, when i went into the store i didnt know the guy had stomped it in reverse and then got out of his car he came in the store while i was leaning in the fridge to get a dr. peper. he came in the store yelling "what the f%^& man you stupid white ass telling me how to drive" i turned arround to see what it was he came up and pushed my chest in, i reached back to my left pocket and the clerk saw so he picked up his phone and pretended to call 911, and in an indian accent said get out of my store you hoodlem or i will call the cops, (then pretending to have reached the cops he said yes i have a thug in my store). I pulled my knife out and popped it open then the guy left. I still always keep my knife in my back left pocket, its always been there because of working for my dads construction company i had to cut open alota shit. Just gald it was there that day haha.
oh yah well im taller than you ......... so yah
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
Wulfsauce

Post by Wulfsauce » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:20 pm

to be honest, you deserved that.
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:22 pm

Wulfsauce wrote:to be honest, you deserved that.
me? the fucker was pulling out of HEB parkinglot into the street and missed my car by about 2" i slamed on my breaks if i haddent seen him peeling out i would have hit him
oh yah well im taller than you ......... so yah
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie