We toured Valve today

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
User avatar
stabbyclaus
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

We toured Valve today

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Image
We got to tour Valve today & I was surprised by the sheer fandome these guys had for the Locals. Expect big things in the future (from them AND us)!
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:Image
We got to tour Valve today & I was surprised by the sheer fandome these guys had for the Locals. Expect big things in the future (from them AND us)!
That is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Congrats.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Image
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by narwal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Woah! Awesome, stabby.

I'm maximum jelly.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>
Posts: 4720
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by Eviltechie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:Expect big things in the future (from them AND us)!
HL3 Confirmed
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

User avatar
scobywhru
Posts: 4773
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 pm
Xfire: scobywhru
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by scobywhru » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Did you hold up 3 fingers and ask them to count to make sure they can count past 2?
Image
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
User avatar
stabbyclaus
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 pm

scobywhru wrote:Did you hold up 3 fingers and ask them to count to make sure they can count past 2?
Hehe no but I had the opportunity to sit down (for over an hour!) with Bay Raitt who is a major figure behind SFM. We discussed a lot about the future of the program and how they plan to evolve the program to do even more. Was crazy awesome.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
User avatar
pinkle
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:38 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by pinkle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Awesooommmmeee akdfjghhatk <3

What's SFM stand for though lol

Edit: Fufu is so cute omg ;_;
Image
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by narwal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 pm

pinkle wrote:What's SFM stand for though lol
Source Filmmaker
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
NorCal
Posts: 1400
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by NorCal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 pm

BAH! So awesome :D
loafozard wrote: norcal is less of a ghost and more of a forgotten legend.
User avatar
stabbyclaus
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 pm

NorCal, your icon is HOT
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by narwal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Did you meet Gaben?
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Axis Denied
Posts: 1492
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Denied

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by Axis Denied » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:
scobywhru wrote:Did you hold up 3 fingers and ask them to count to make sure they can count past 2?
Hehe no but I had the opportunity to sit down (for over an hour!) with Bay Raitt who is a major figure behind SFM. We discussed a lot about the future of the program and how they plan to evolve the program to do even more. Was crazy awesome.
Wasn't he also the guy who did the SFM tutorials?
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by Django » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 am

Pretty cool
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
stabbyclaus
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 am

Axis Denied wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:
scobywhru wrote:Did you hold up 3 fingers and ask them to count to make sure they can count past 2?
Hehe no but I had the opportunity to sit down (for over an hour!) with Bay Raitt who is a major figure behind SFM. We discussed a lot about the future of the program and how they plan to evolve the program to do even more. Was crazy awesome.
Wasn't he also the guy who did the SFM tutorials?
Yup!

Also, more pics: ImageImage
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
User avatar
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>
Posts: 9910
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: under your bed

Re: We toured Valve today

Post by Wolsk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 am

Do they plan to add demo capability to SFM?
I sure hope so because that's why I wanted it. :v
Post Reply