College FRESHMAN

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

College FRESHMAN

Post by Ian7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah so I just moved into my dorm a few days ago I'm going to University of Northern Colorado.
Both of my roommates aren't really the type I can see myself hanging out with nothing against them I've been nice to them and hungout with them some. But just aren't the type who share my interests.

I've started feeling alot of anxiety today. The only two times i've felt good the past couple days is at a soccer game I went to watch and when I was playing pick-up basketball games. All the new people and places are just a little much for me at the moment. There's some big event going on tonight at our rec center but I'm skipping it cause I need a night to collect myself and hear some familiar voices (you guys).

Is this normal for me to be kinda feeling this way though?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Axis Denied

Re: College FRESHMAN

Post by Axis Denied » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Is the anxiety from not knowing what to expect from the classes or more of a social thing (trying to find people with similar interests, etc.)? Since there's usually some event at the beginning of the school year where you can get to meet different clubs and what not. Perhaps you can find one with your interests? (Assuming this is not the big event thing you are skipping).

If it's classes, don't worry about it. Freshman level is easy. But don't get too comfortable. I hard stories where people slacked off their freshman year and regretted it.

You get used to it. I still even sometimes get a little nervous/anxious during my grad student years.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Just show them your dolls and they'll know whats up.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah I started like 2 weeks ago :/ My roommate isn't exactly the kind of guy I would normally hang with either, but he's cool about everything and not like super weird or anything so it's alright. He's out of the room pretty much all day anyway hanging with his girlfriend so it's all good

I'm going to a community college though so it's not as big or as many people. Still a huuuuuge adjustment for me though considering my high school had about 200 students... in the whole school (k-12), my graduating class had 12 lol

I'm getting to where I know a lot of people in my classes, but I don't know hardly anyone outside of my classes or that I didn't already know before I got here. I love it though, it's something new for me to be in a school where I don't know literally every single person. Not to mention my classes aren't even that hard (for now), so I'm not too stressed.
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 am

It's an understandable feeling I mean this a big step forward in your life and it can seem that you're on your own. It should subside you are entering an amazing time in your life make sure school takes priority but be active in trying to make college an amazing experience and it will be.
Last edited by TempSoul on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Fisch
Wildcard

Post by Dr. Fisch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 am

2 step process

calm the fuck down

chill the fuck out
If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" -Chris Kluwe on Emmett Burns
2014-02-28 17:25:33 RED *DEAD* Cursedbagel67 What, then ban me.
2014-02-28 17:25:44 BLU Cursedbagel67 Do it.
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

Dr. Fisch, Registered Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:28 am

I agree you should "collect yourself."

Find some inner peace. Take care of yourself. Talk to people back home. Where are your friends and family?
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, next year when you move out of freshman housing you can get new roommates!

Even if you don't like your current ones, go with them to the freshman events / whatever shit your interested in.

This way you can go out and meet people without having to go out by yourself and feel awkward.

Then once you meet new people, ditch those losers.

Also everyone will say, join a club! But most of the people in clubs are weird.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.