Stabby & Fufu tour America n' shit [Update: moving]

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
TempSoul

Re: Stabby & Fufu tour America n' shit [Update: moving]

Post by TempSoul » Fri May 24, 2013 3:03 am

stabbyclaus wrote: How bad would it be if I put on ST:TNG during those off days? I hated it as a kid but loved it as an adult.
Honestly, you know those movies they use to show us during free days. Couldn't show them Sci-fi movies or marathon series depending on how long you have the students for. HELL just put in it in you curriculum for art theory, they sure as hell could use it to help entice their imaginations in the right direction.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Actually star trek is a great teaching aid for art, minimalist designs serving multiple purposes including the clothes, it very much has a futuristic style that is still valid to this day. Communicators representing cellphones of today as instance and verbal computer control. All ahead of it's time.

The premise always seems to be technology that is natural to work with not a choir or unintuitive interface.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm

that's beautiful scooby ;_;
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm

scobywhru wrote:Actually star trek is a great teaching aid for art, minimalist designs serving multiple purposes including the clothes, it very much has a futuristic style that is still valid to this day. Communicators representing cellphones of today as instance and verbal computer control. All ahead of it's time.

The premise always seems to be technology that is natural to work with not a choir or unintuitive interface.
be the best gawd damn teacher ever stabby, Teach the students how to live and acheive. Not pass highschool or what society think's an education means.

http://elitedaily.com/money/entrepreneu ... -nowadays/ , Here's a fun read my big sister and my soon-to-be brother in law discuss with me. I mean in this generation it's not a education that gets you anywhere it's where you take your education. You know education is my biggest deal so I hope you can provide it for those students at a time where it's truly needed. My art teacher was my 2nd favorite high-school teacher who taught me so much about myself and how i would succeed for myself.
Sonychu

Post by Sonychu » Fri May 24, 2013 9:39 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:Turns out I got an art teaching gig in my home town. We decided to move to KY for cheaper rent and a better quality of life because, you know, LA sucks monkey nuts. We will certainly miss everything awesome about California in general, but it's the right decision.
Ohhh sounds fun! What level of art are you teaching? High school?
( ゚ Д゚)

"I'm going to forcibly reverse your gender!"
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu May 30, 2013 1:17 am

I'll be teaching 8th graders :P

Also, we're back in LA now.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:I'll be teaching 8th graders :P

Also, we're back in LA now.
/disappoint.....

Is it going to be your old alma mater?
Sonychu

Post by Sonychu » Fri May 31, 2013 12:15 am

stabbyclaus wrote:I'll be teaching 8th graders :P
You brave soul.
( ゚ Д゚)

"I'm going to forcibly reverse your gender!"
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Sheeeeeet! Does this mean we can finally have a j2 east coast meet-up?
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto

Velp

Post by Velp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Why? wrote:Sheeeeeet! Does this mean we can finally have a j2 east coast meet-up?
What's stopped you before?
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Why? wrote:Sheeeeeet! Does this mean we can finally have a j2 east coast meet-up?
http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=71461
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Velp wrote:
People showing no interest.
mbaxter wrote:
Booooooooo! That's in NY (like, waaaaay into NY). Make it somewhere in OH/PA then we'll talk.
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto

Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Why? wrote:
Velp wrote:
mbaxter wrote:
Booooooooo! That's in NY (like, waaaaay into NY). Make it somewhere in OH/PA then we'll talk.
Well if you were interesting then maybe people would show interest you sorry sack lololol <3
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
TheKing

Post by TheKing » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am

Why? wrote:
Velp wrote:
mbaxter wrote:
True Dat. If it were further south, I would be there.
Avvatar wrote:Oh neat. Make sure you ride bl4nk's nuts till it's all better. He enjoys it.
TheKing.j2: windows explorer?
joe: final boss is hard
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 pm

I got to meet Stabby's mom last night.

I was around the area for a school orientation thing, and stopped by afterwards (finally got to meet Fufu too, she avoided me last time, no matter how much she denies it). His mom treated us to dinner and wouldn't let me pay for my meal, very nice lady. Also Stabby's working on something really fucking cool in his little print studio, jussayin, I got to see it.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.