San Francisco Joe Meet-up with Temp[June 15, RSVP please]

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
TempSoul

San Francisco Joe Meet-up with Temp[June 15, RSVP please]

Post by TempSoul » Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Hippie told me to make a meet up thread!

So Temp will be in San Francisco from june 1st-21st and I would love to be able to do a Cali Meet-up while I'm here. So how does one go about planning a meet up in San Fran/Cali, Don't let the Washingtonian do it imagine the horrors that I could plan.
Last edited by TempSoul on Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: San Francisco Joe Meet-up with Temps

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu May 09, 2013 3:16 pm

lol pinkle and i are down. Jermm is good at setting these things up. Jermm do you want to chime in on this?
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm

We should go to an amusement park.

Great America: easiest to get to (caltrain -> light rail), they have a cool new rollercoaster.
Boardwalk: Arcade that isn't completely shitty, a new rollercoaster that should be cool. Downside: have to drive to SC.
Discovery Kingdom: best rollercoasters, cool rollercoaster from last year that I haven't been on yet for some reason, animals, but have to drive to Vallejo. If we go on Saturday, might need flashpass.

(it's good year for rollercoasters in the bay area)
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Thu May 09, 2013 3:35 pm

jermm wrote:We should go to an amusement park.

Great America: easiest to get to (caltrain -> light rail), they have a cool new rollercoaster.
Boardwalk: Arcade that isn't completely shitty, a new rollercoaster that should be cool. Downside: have to drive to SC.
Discovery Kingdom: best rollercoasters, cool rollercoaster from last year that I haven't been on yet for some reason, animals, but have to drive to Vallejo. If we go on Saturday, might need flashpass.

(it's good year for rollercoasters in the bay area)
I think jermm needs rollercoasters
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

I am down for the rollercoasters
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't ever plan to go to any amusement park with fast pass or similar bullshit pay more to actually get to ride crap. Literally the reason I no longer go to amusement parks, I used to get a season past every year until they were introduced, and I would go at least once a month.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 pm

WANT

Oh come on Scoob, you know you wanna do it just to chill with us <3 It's not about DOING things, it's all about hanging out and and friendship and goopy shit like that I think :B
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Great America / June 9th?

Depending on your "rollercoater history" (what you've been on), they have a pretty good selection. Two early "modern" rollercoaster (one as aged well, the other always was shit) , a really good contemporary wood coaster, a lesson on how loops aren't always the right decision, one of the worlds worst wooden coasters, and a fun, relatively unique, wild mouse rollercoaster.

And they have that waterpark with a wave pool that killed a kid.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu May 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Wave pools kill kids all the time.

I would prefer Santa Cruz beach boardwalk, may not have the same amount of rides but I have always enjoyed it more myself, also no fast lane/pass crap.

PS Fuck you guys not going to maker faire.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu May 09, 2013 4:15 pm

It is the weekend of me "cleaning and packing, but mostly procrastinating on cleaning and packing".
pepper

Post by pepper » Thu May 09, 2013 4:53 pm

come to santa cruz, that's where i live, i'll take you to the boardwalk <3
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't really care either way, I just need some social interaction ._.
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm

pinkle wrote:I don't really care either way, I just need some social interaction ._.
apparently i am not enough :-/ lol I am down for either. One will be alittle less money than the other. Great america is closer to me and i have not been there for a while.
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Thu May 09, 2013 10:27 pm

As long as It has a public transit I don't mind :D
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm

I wanna go to Great America n_n We went to the Boardwalk before so I want something different! :D

Edit: Also we could probably help pick people up from the train station if need be :3
Last edited by pinkle on Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.