Dad got burglarized and dogs are dead.[Update: one survived]

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
stabbyclaus

Dad got burglarized and dogs are dead.[Update: one survived]

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

Note: if you are facebook friends with me, do not post about this to me or anyone else. I'm venting here for a reason.

My dad has lived in Panama for a few years now but this morning around 4am EST, two burglars invaded my dads home. They shot his guard dog Pirlo dead, and his companion Belle is in surgery with a prosthetic jaw. My Dads ok, but they got to his bedroom door and attempted to shoot the locked doorknob. He returned fire, may have knicked one of them but he doubts it. Detectives are now investigating but he'll likely be moving back to the states (finally.) I'm just glad he's ok.

Pirlo was an amazing dog and he'll be in my heart forever for protecting my Dad in a time of need. Those fuckers deserve to die for what they did to him.
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Re: Dad got burglarized and dogs are dead.

Post by narwal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 am

shit dude, that's intense.

mind if ask what he was doing down in Panama? I've been a couple times when visiting family in Costa Rica and it seems to be a bit... unstable.

Glad he's OK, though, sucks to hear about Pirlo. Just be thankful he was able to return fire in time.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 pm

My dad retired there, thought paying off the cops was enough to be safe. He was wrong.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 pm

That sucks; at least he was armed. It could have gone a lot worse, but it's always sad to lose a family pet and friend.

Burglars are dicks and it's a shame he didn't peg one square in the chest. Would have been a great learning experience for them...although, having an intended victim open fire on you at all is probably a good lesson in itself.

Edit: And anywhere that you have to pay off the cops is a bad place to live by default.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Parasyte wrote:anywhere that you have to pay off the cops is a bad place to live by default.
agreed. I've always known that place was bad news. we only visited once and armed guards with Ak47s & other assault rifles littered the city.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

We were gonna rent a small house in Panama when we stayed, when we heard that the house came with an armed guard, we decided to stay one night at a Hilton or something for one night and continue on to Costa Rica.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Because my country used to include the ugly piece of landstrip called Panama i can tell you right now that people who
own big houses there usually hire some form of security guard ,or at least someone who watches the place when no one is around.
Rule of thumb there.

I heard countless times of burglars breaking into people's houses. They usually very sneaky and time when people in the house are gone
,but if there is people they never seem to do big harm or anything. I guess the burglars weren't expecting 2 big dogs to be in there guarding
so they took them out . Really sad...

Also Stabby, those weren't AK-47s what you probably saw was a Galil rifle. Those are pretty common there.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Ohh that sucks man. At least your dad is ok.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
marbear

Post by marbear » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

That's very unfortunate, I'm sorry :(
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Sorry, man. That really sucks. I really hoped he knicked one of them. I'm glad he's safe. Pirlo sounded really great. :(
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 pm

That's horrendous, it annoys me that things like this happen.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Glad your didn't get hurt. That was a potentially an ever worse situation glad that they were punks and ran off after your dad shot.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Very unfortunate. :(

Fuck people like this.
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Glad your dad was prepared to defend himself. Was he living in an area with high crime rates or was this in a nicer area?
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Its a 'nice' neighborhood for sure, all folks with money but Panama is a 3rd world country. No middle class means there are a lot of desperate folks.