Prayer Requests

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
Gr|m

Prayer Requests

Post by Gr|m » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

3 or so years ago I made a thread like this. It was like 75% trolling but the 25% made me feel like its worth doing again.

I know the majority of people in these parts are a-religious, atheist, or agnostic. Knowing that I know this, and that I don't care what you believe, if you would appreciate 'prayer support', feel free to PM me. I don't really care to debate about the legitimacy of prayer and I'm not making some promise that if I'm praying for you about something, that that something will magically become better. I know at the very least it's nice to know that someone cares about you enough to pray for you.

If instead of prayer you'd rather just talk through something, that's cool too.

ITT: thoughts, relevant discussion, etc. welcomed
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Gr¦m wrote:3 or so years ago I made a thread like this. It was like 75% trolling but the 25% made me feel like its worth doing again.

I know the majority of people in these parts are a-religious, atheist, or agnostic. Knowing that I know this, and that I don't care what you believe, if you would appreciate 'prayer support', feel free to PM me. I don't really care to debate about the legitimacy of prayer and I'm not making some promise that if I'm praying for you about something, that that something will magically become better. I know at the very least it's nice to know that someone cares about you enough to pray for you.

If instead of prayer you'd rather just talk through something, that's cool too.

ITT: thoughts, relevant discussion, etc. welcomed
And that's why i love you Gr¦m.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Should've posted in Mature Conversation, all other forums are fair games for fart jokes and accidental thread derailment.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Neelpos wrote:Should've posted in Mature Conversation, all other forums are fair games for fart jokes and accidental thread derailment.
good point

but on a serious note, can you pray for my 360 noscopes all 420 day B)
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:33 pm

motherfucker that's my gif
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
ThunderRunner

Post by ThunderRunner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 pm

narwal wrote:motherfucker that's my gif
YOLO! :awesome:
Da_man wrote:Can this thread get any worse? I'm not sure its possible at this point.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:38 am

rottencheeseCA wrote: but on a serious note, can you pray for my 360 noscopes all 420 day B)

Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 am

Can you pray for my new business venture?

Thank you.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Base

Post by Base » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 am

Not to bash or anything, but wouldn't it be more useful to ask if anyone needed help with something? Or are you just trying to feel like you're helping without actually doing anything?

obligatory fart joke
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:33 am

Base wrote:Not to bash or anything, but wouldn't it be more useful to ask if anyone needed help with something? Or are you just trying to feel like you're helping without actually doing anything?
It's not always possible to physically help people when separated by distance or limited by finances, as many of the J2 community are. Besides that, there are many benefits to prayer.

The healing benefits of positive thinking are well known by the medical community; in some cases, a patient's positive attitude can be as important in their recovery as the medical treatment itself. Regular prayer and meditation has been shown in numerous scientific studies to be an important factor in living longer and staying healthy. The body's metabolism decreases, the heart rate slows, blood pressure goes down, and breath becomes calmer and more regular. This is correlated with feelings of control, tranquil alertness and peace of mind. This is significant because over half of all doctor visits in the U.S. today are prompted by illnesses like depression, high blood pressure, ulcers and migraines, that are caused in part by elevated levels of stress and anxiety.

On a serious note, as a community so outspoken against bigotry, it always bothers me to see the community harass or troll people because of their faith or religious practices. There are about 20 main-stream religions and an estimated 4,000+ lesser religions being practiced in the world today. Many of these religions incorporate practices far more unusual than prayer and yet Christians always seem to take the brunt of the anti-religious mockery. This actually gives some credence to their faith as Jesus told his followers that they would be insulted and persecuted and that people would say "all kinds of evil things" about them.

My point being: approximately 84 percent of the world population has faith of some kind with a third of that claiming to be Christian. The way people live and the beliefs they abide by should not be ridiculed just because you think differently. You don't have to believe what they do, but try to remember that those who believe in something outnumber those who don't.
Waterbear

Post by Waterbear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:05 am

I pray for a return of the Mussolini train joke.
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Waterbear wrote:I pray for a return of the Mussolini train joke.
I second this, I love the Mussolini train joke.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Base wrote:Not to bash or anything, but wouldn't it be more useful to ask if anyone needed help with something? Or are you just trying to feel like you're helping without actually doing anything?
In Christian 'circles' (and probably other religions) prayer requests are very common. When someone asks "does anyone have any prayer requests?" it is not because they want to appear better/feel better about themselves, it is because they believe in prayer. The people who give their requests are happy and thankful to do so. I realized, 3 years ago actually, that many people on j2 may not have options available to them where they could talk through what they're going through with someone else and have prayer directed their way. It's sometimes really tough to find people that you can be vulnerable with because its often awkward to get deep. Also, like I said before, it is comforting to know that someone cares about you enough to invest time out of their day sending "positive thoughts" your way.. even if you believe that prayer is a pile of crap.

If you want to start a thread trying to help with 'needs' of j2 people, I would support that and do what I could with you. Though I'm not sure why you would post here just to criticize my effort to help j2ers in whatever little way I can. If you want to discuss/debate/question religion/philosophy, feel free to message me or make a thread about it for others to join in on too.

edit: thyme, etc. etc.
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 pm

While I don't have any requests for prayers, just thought I'd post to say it's awesome that you are doing this, even if no one makes use of it.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm

King_Fluffy wrote:While I don't have any requests for prayers, just thought I'd post to say it's awesome that you are doing this, even if no one makes use of it.
It is ALWAYS a good thing to have someone send positive thoughts your way. Gr¦m you are the man. <3
Im not random. i just think faster then you.