Medication is good (for me at least)

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
Little Weapon

Medication is good (for me at least)

Post by Little Weapon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:12 am

After years of turmoil, finally gave in to seeing psychiatrist after trying everything else

Was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and given mood stabilizers

It's like getting a vacation from my own insanity

No more rage or blowing shit out proportion or instant mood changes or violence

However I do miss the highs. I don't feel like myself. There's no emotional excitement when I meet or talk to people. I don't naturally feel excited about much of anything, or what I talk about. Honestly feeling lazier cause the meds make me generally more tired and suppresses my emotions in a way where I don't having a ringing passion or strong feeling to jolt me to do anything.

But we'll see how it goes. Kinda wish I started taking these many years ago.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Medication is good (for me at least)

Post by A Ninja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 am

That's the problem with the vast majority of bipolar medications, every day feels like Wednesday. It just takes time to adjust.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Post by Maha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm

I used to take antidepressants myself, though I could never tell the difference when I did take them. I eventually just stopped and got them out of my system and just lightened up in general.
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 pm

I still take cymbalta but mostly for anxiety. Bipolar will always stay with you to my knowledge. It is a big change. A huge one emotionally.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:47 pm

I heard that bipolar get pretty shafted with the meds. Your brain chemistry is already altered and to fix it we must alter it again.
Not always a good idea ,but at least you don't have to go through lows which i assume might suck.

Try going to the gym now, and see if that helps by giving you a bit more of energy.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Little Weapon wrote:After years of turmoil, finally gave in to seeing psychiatrist after trying everything else

Was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and given mood stabilizers

It's like getting a vacation from my own insanity

No more rage or blowing shit out proportion or instant mood changes or violence

However I do miss the highs. I don't feel like myself. There's no emotional excitement when I meet or talk to people. I don't naturally feel excited about much of anything, or what I talk about. Honestly feeling lazier cause the meds make me generally more tired and suppresses my emotions in a way where I don't having a ringing passion or strong feeling to jolt me to do anything.

But we'll see how it goes. Kinda wish I started taking these many years ago.
What meds are you on?
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:53 pm

I was on Prozac for a while... it worked great at first and then when I moved in with hippie I stopped taking it coz I felt I didn't need it... then my father passed away about a year later and I started taking it again but it made me COMPLETELY batshit crazy :/

Then I started studying Buddhism and omfg I'm not kidding, it helped me so much <3 Mostly the stuff about you being in control of your own life, living in the moment, life is what YOU make it, etc etc. I rarely get stressed or depressed or have panic/anxiety attacks any more n_n

I'm not saying that it will without a doubt help you, of course, just maybe something to check out if you feel the need. I hope you find true peace, friend :)
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:40 am

Little Weapon = Teleporter Exit?

I've been gone on and off from J2 in the past and for some reason when I see Little Weapon, I automatically think of Teleporter Exit. I'm not sure why... :|
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 am

They're the same.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 am

A Ninja wrote:They're the same.
No wonder... D:

Y U NO PLAY TF2 TELEPORTAL EXEET?!
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

Quitting online gaming with a battlestation in my bedroom is like an alchoholic trying to stop drinking by living in a bar.

Going to miss it all, especially battlefield 3, but it's time to unplug.

Put my baby together with my bare hands, learned so much about computers, building computers, overclocking, everything, but what intrinsic happiness did i gain? none that lasted long term. Time so seek other things.
http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=67229
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow. It's been a long time. :(
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Good luck on your medication, make sure to report any changes in behavior to the proper doctors. If you end up having to take multiple different medication, recreational or professionally, make sure the doctors know about them. You can have episodes of odd behavior if the balance is off when taking multiple different medications even if they aren't for the same problems. My father has episodes of schizophrenia due to an imbalance between blood thinners and anti-depressants and it can be weeks before they can adjust the dosages to the point he can function again. Change, remove, or lower medication wait for the body to clear out the excess/different medication then slowly adjust the dosages to match what levels are needed.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
BPM

Post by BPM » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 pm

What medication ?

I don't believe in anti-depressants, I've seen them have more of a negative impact on people than a positive. I've seen them first hand change my mom, for the worse. I've also had friends on certain anti-depressants and they all complained of not being able to feel happy after they stopped taking them.

Good luck and hope it works for you but be careful. You might find they make you feel better at first but watch out for unwanted side effects.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Depakote, a mood stabilizer.

I've been getting my blood tested. From what I hear depakote is like shooting a squirrel with an elephant gun so I'll see how things go. Heard its pretty terrible for your liver.

I want to get off eventually, if that's possible, but on it for now to get things in order.

Problem is I still smoke alotta weed so I'm in a recovery program from that, combining the two feel like I got a lobotomy.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?