Update in my life

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Update in my life

Post by rockerboy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:27 pm

So recently I've been diagnosed with scholiosis (I can't spell my own disease). I was at my enderchronologist...(Yeah, I'm actually really small and on growth hormone. Without it, I'd grow up to be about 5 feet. It's taken by injection everyday, but I've been doing that for the past 4 years, no biggie.) Anyway, he noticed a curve in my spine. It turns out I have a 24 degree curve in my spine, yay! So, I'm going to have to wear a brace until I'm done growing, 15 hours a day, every day. My parents really don't want me to wear it at school, and I couldn't wear it the full time unless I quit swimminhg. So, I did, and I never was that enthusiastic about swimming anyways. Good news is that I can use this as more time to play music, what I really care about. Also, right now I still have some muscle from swimming.The bad news, the brac is overly tight, and hurts. It feels like someone's giving me a really rough hug all the time. Also, while I'm talking about diseases I have, I'm also deathly allergic to Peanuts, Treenuts, and Sesame, and have asthma. Had these allergies all my life, so I don't anything different. I got asthma this year which is a pain.
Ohhhhhhh... Also, I named my brace, P.I.T.A. Pita, like the chip. You can figure out what that stands for lol. :P Right now I can barely move with it, so if anyone wants to play games or chat on mumble with me... Yeah.

So... Pictures... I look horrible because I got no sleep. I also have to wear something under the brace, so that explains the thin red shirt.
VIEW CONTENT:

With a t shirt and clothes over it.
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Re: Update in my life

Post by Hooplah » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:01 pm

I remember this dude I knew in middle school had a brace. I didn't even know he had it until he unzipped his hoodie or whatever. They're pretty discrete and it looks like the one you got is even smaller than his. You'll probably get used to wearing it before too long and it's pretty likely that no one will notice it.

Also, JFK wore a back brace, so you're in good company.

Ignore the fact that he got shot while wearing his back brace.

And that the back brace might have cost him his life.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm

LOL! My dad just told me about that. Also, I learned that Kurt Cobain had Scoliosis (I learned how to spell it :)) And I just noticed I look kind of angry in the pics. Probably because I had just put it on. It's just a pain in he ass now.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:39 pm

I have a very small curve in my spine. However, it's bad enough that my sternum has a bone that protrudes have makes my chest look like I have an organ in my chest.
Tony Wong
Some Asian Guy

Post by Tony Wong » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that Rocker... I had slight scoliosis when I was in high school (when dinosaurs ruled the earth LOL), which was eventually corrected via LOTS of chiropractor visits. I still favor walking with my left foot leading, but other than that, things are pretty much normal for me.

You've got a good chance if they're correcting this early. Keep your chin up and carry on. Soon you won't even remember the pain once it's corrected, like dental braces or a cast. :kitty: :kitty: :kitty:
FEESHSTEEKS!!!
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:52 am

Awww thanks Toby. I've decided that I want to be as optimistic as I can about this. Ya, it sucks, but I'm lucky I have the brace in first place. It's really only a minor setback, and it gave me a clear shot of doing what I love to do, play music.
Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:34 am

Optimism is always good. That's Pretty much how I deal with my Costochondritis, I just swear at it when the pains are acting up and it makes me feel somewhat better in a mental sense.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 am

Platty wrote:I have a very small curve in my spine. However, it's bad enough that my sternum has a bone that protrudes have makes my chest look like I have an organ in my chest.
It's generally a good thing to have multiple organs in your chest. Helps the whole living process. ;)

Joking aside, when I was young, I've had to deal with a "Class III malocclusion" which is doctor jargon for "a pretty bad underbite". The gap in my upper and low jaw was beyond the remedial powers of ordinary braces and I had wear a 'reverse-pull face mask' for years; better that than letting them cut off a chunk of my jaw. The thing was painful as hell at first but I eventually made it a part of my daily routine.

Endure through the initial hardships and you'll reap the rewards soon enough! :)
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Ahem... :lecture:

*Scoliosis

*Endocrinologist

These are the correct spellings for the words.

And btw, Doctors do not use any jargon, everything spout is actually self-explanatory if you use a bit of logic and etymology, ie malocclusion simply means misalignment.

Keep doing sports more than anything right now. But since you can't swim anymore, i suggest you pick other sports that would help you build strength and posture.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:19 pm

On the bright side in a few years you're going to have the posture of a boss, Don't worry about anything it's a pretty common thing to have. It will teach you to take care of your body better than most people. If any makes fun of you for it just tell them to off cause honestly it no big deal.

Glad to see you getting it handled young and feel free to do everything you want to in life the brace shouldn't impact much.
Kaptastr0phe

Post by Kaptastr0phe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:35 am

when was the last time you got the allergies retested? I only ask because my brother had similar allergies (also deathly so, he keeps epinephrine injectors on him at all times) and was finally retested just last month to find out his allergies are either not that severe anymore, or in the case of treenuts/peanuts....gone entirely. now granted we've not yet put all this to the test, i'm not about to start feeding the kid peanut butter cups, but the tests sure came back negative.
YOU CAN'T RESIZE MY SWAGGER. and I totally didn't mean to leave that huge signature up as long as I did, but...changing it just wasn't a priority.
Kaptastr0phe

Post by Kaptastr0phe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 am

also in the spirit of j2. I feel it is my duty to say "fuck you, cheddars" as I was instructed to do so, some months ago.
YOU CAN'T RESIZE MY SWAGGER. and I totally didn't mean to leave that huge signature up as long as I did, but...changing it just wasn't a priority.
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 am

I get tested every year near my birthday. So six months ago. Sesame's been getting small, and then big randomly, so I don't know. The nut ones are always huge.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Kaptastr0phe wrote:also in the spirit of j2. I feel it is my duty to say "fuck you, cheddars" as I was instructed to do so, some months ago.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Bloodcrow. :toot:
Kaptastr0phe

Post by Kaptastr0phe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Cheddars wrote:
Kaptastr0phe wrote:also in the spirit of j2. I feel it is my duty to say "fuck you, cheddars" as I was instructed to do so, some months ago.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Bloodcrow. :toot:
safe bet. I just remember it was on TF2, and I had been drinking. oddly I remember more when half-lit than I do sober.