Hey You. Stop Slouching

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Hey You. Stop Slouching

Post by A Ninja » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Since so many of us probably slouch in our chairs as we play, I figured I would share this, as it has done wonders for my posture.

Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Hey You. Stop Slouching

Post by Django » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:35 pm

A Ninja wrote:Since so many of us probably slouch in our chairs as we play
YES!

Posture is good for you!

I always been a strength/fitness nut (done everything in the book: Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Spinning, Birkham Yoga)
In all of those disciplines stretching is how you warm up ,before the actual exercise.

I always found that when i'm not currently doing form of exercise in months, some simple stretches help in overall posture, plus they give you a lil pump

Shoulder Rolls

All you need is a long stick (yes i can be your broom). This exercise kills forward hunched posture ,because you engage every single muscle on the rotator cuff. It gives you that wide apart shoulder, mandible up, chest full of air look.

Front View

Side View

Pranayama Breathing

He who controls the air, controls the universe (Some Californian Buddhist wannabe). When we inhale air, we work our muscles too. So actually breathing incorrectly
(mouth breathing, etc) affects our posture. This exercise is the starting exercise for birkham yoga, and skipping it will ruin the rest of the class. This exercise works
the rotator cuff as well, plus the it stretches your neck, your spine, it brings the hip into a neutral position. And as a bonus, it elongates your abdominal, works out
those ever illusive serrate muscles ,and you suck your stomach

Front View

Side View

Ardha Chandrasana

This is the second stretch in Birkham Yoga ,and probably the most important one of them all ,even if it's easier later movements you do in the class.
It stretches the muscles in the spine. Weak spine muscles are the underlying cause of most posture imbalances. Sitting down in a chair, though common for who knows how many thousands of years, is sorta unnatural. Have you ever seen a dog sitting. They do so in a specific way. For us, this natural way is Indian sitting ,and is the way people sit in those places of the world were there are no chairs. Posture problems in young people is a disease of the developed world.

Front View (sides)

Side View (back)

This one is hard to pull, so here is a link to a video

WARNING

ImageDoing all this exercises often, my lead to a severe cause of Squidwarditis, which as for now it is not known be life-threatening, but might make you pompous Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Django knows his shit guys, I think I'll do those shoulder rolls with a bar I've got lying around.

10/10 reply much information
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:00 pm

A Ninja wrote:Django knows his shit guys, I think I'll do those shoulder rolls with a bar I've got lying around.

10/10 reply much information
20/10 really threw a book at us.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Django is not only the gym police, but also the back police, or should I say lower back police 8O damnnn B)
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 pm

hey, you know that wii fit over here
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:06 am

Sitting with your wallet in your back pocket is also a bad idea
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Jason
TODAY IS WEDNESDAY
<font color=#17e66e><b>TODAY IS WEDNESDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:32 am

I always found the idea of back pocketing your wallet to be fuckin heinous.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.