2015 Northwest string summit ( Now with pics from this year)

"such is life" - real life: yours, preferably
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

2015 Northwest string summit ( Now with pics from this year)

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Alright everyone, it's that time of year again where i start talking about the best music festival ever and bugging some of you to go. http://stringsummit.com/ Parasyte came last year and is coming back this year with his family. Pinkle and myself along with our daughter and some on my life long friends and their families will be going this year. The more the merrier. If you like good music great people and a very relaxing and chill environment then come with us to the peacock farm that is Horning's hide out in the gorgeous Hills of north plains Oregon. Here is a taste of what the northwest string summit is like.

If you come i will get us backstage to meet the band too lol
Last edited by Hippie of doom on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Parasyte

Re: 2015 Northwest string summit ( you know you want to go)

Post by Parasyte » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

This is a great event and very unlike other music festivals I've been to. The music is great and the people are awesome; I will definitely be attending again this year.

I'm flying out from NY, so you West Coasters have no excuse.

Some details from my first visit:
  • Horning's Hideout is awesome; it's in the mountains and the main stage is in a natural depression and surrounded by trees which creates a great natural ampitheater. It's also adjacent to a small lake; beautiful location.
  • The people are amazing. Yes, it's a bluegrass festival so you will see your garden variety hippies, but there are people from all walks at this event. There were notably fewer idiot college bros than you would see at other music events.
  • The camping areas are a short walk from the stages and are surrounded by trees. A very enjoyable camping experience, overall.
  • Each morning there is a group of a hundred people or so who gather on one of the grassy hillsides for a group yoga session. Thought this was pretty cool for any of you who are into that (or want to gawk at the ladies in their tight yoga pants)
  • Hippie has some good connections at the event. He basically knows everyone and can get us access to some cool stuff
Banjos and fiddles aren't for everyone, but there is some diversity in the music. Even if you aren't a huge fan of the music, it's still a great time. Great beer, awesome food and merch vendors, and 4 days of getting high with your friends.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Here is a photo gallery if you want to see pics http://stringsummit.com/photo-gallery/ And yes i do know lots of people including the emcee of the festival (pastor tim is awesome and he is a real pastor)and since i am a kinfolk member i can get backstage to hang out with other kinfolk and Yonder mountain string band. Last year i did not go backstage because the Steep Canyon Rangers were playing during the kinfolk meet and greet but this year i will be doing the meet and greet for sure and i can bring as many people as i want.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm

This video is from the String Summit 2014 and it's going viral lol, his name is Scott and he danced like this the ENTIRE time! Totally the happiest guy in the world haha. Hopefully he will be back this year :D (also the band playing in the video is Steep Canyon Rangers, they are fucking amazing, their violinist is a fucking BEAST)

"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 pm

case in point. He is a beast indeed.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:45 am

pinkle wrote:This video is from the String Summit 2014 and it's going viral lol, his name is Scott and he danced like this the ENTIRE time! Totally the happiest guy in the world haha. Hopefully he will be back this year :D
Ha, I got to meet Scott! Great guy and he was a great source of entertainment the entire week.
NorCal

Post by NorCal » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:30 pm

ugh. elephant revival is gonna be there. so fucking tempting.
loafozard wrote: norcal is less of a ghost and more of a forgotten legend.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 pm

NorCal wrote:ugh. elephant revival is gonna be there. so fucking tempting.
2 sets as well. If you fly your ass out here to california you can ride with pinkle and me and our daughter arya. There will be many more bands announced too. whats there is just the initial line up.
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Kinda tempted. Gotta use those flying benefits some time.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Maha wrote:Kinda tempted. Gotta use those flying benefits some time.
That's what I do; I travel just enough to earn 1-2 free tickets each year. A round-trip ticket from here in NY runs me about $750, so I wouldn't be attending otherwise.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Parasyte wrote:
Maha wrote:Kinda tempted. Gotta use those flying benefits some time.
That's what I do; I travel just enough to earn 1-2 free tickets each year. A round-trip ticket from here in NY runs me about $750, so I wouldn't be attending otherwise.
Do it Maha. Tickets go on sale this friday at 10am PST. They are about 165 a piece this year and as always, kids 10 and under are free. They went up a little but this year but still cheaper than any other festival around and a much better line up too.
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:09 pm

You guys doing the 3 or 4 day pass?
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Maha wrote:You guys doing the 3 or 4 day pass?
Pinkle and i will be doing the 4 days like we always do. Sunday is a special day.
Hippie of doom

Re: 2015 Northwest string summit ( Update Tickets now on sal

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:23 pm

String summit tickets acquired. Get yours before the price goes up.
Parasyte

Re: 2015 Northwest string summit ( Update Tickets now on sal

Post by Parasyte » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Done