Page 3 of 4

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 pm
by Grndslmhttr3
Ian7 wrote:
Jason wrote:Do you know how many times I've moved in a decade? Fuck all yall.
Bet I've moved more than you have in the past decade in the past five years.
What a strangely worded post

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:20 pm
by MrBlip
so we moved in to the apartment. shower leaks into a closet, the front door is missing its threshold, and we have bugs.

but we also have:
Image

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:12 am
by Ian7
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:
Ian7 wrote:
Jason wrote:Do you know how many times I've moved in a decade? Fuck all yall.
Bet I've moved more than you have in the past decade in the past five years.
What a strangely worded post
I may have been drunk or high. Couldn't tell ya to be honest.

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am
by Grndslmhttr3
MrBlip wrote:so we moved in to the apartment. shower leaks into a closet, the front door is missing its threshold, and we have bugs.

but we also have:
Image
You're gonna want to fix the shower sooner rather than later since water damage creates a lot of problems you do not want to deal with (mold, bug infestations)

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm
by MrBlip
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:You're gonna want to fix the shower sooner rather than later since water damage creates a lot of problems you do not want to deal with (mold, bug infestations)
Already got it taken care of, and we got a temp fix for the door threshold. Bug problem has sort of vanished.

I'm about to set up a fan in the closet sucking air out to help circulate the air in there to try and help get rid of any water that may be behind the wall. Will probably grab a dehumidifier as well.

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm
by Waterbear
blips cat is still terrified of the whole place and our upstairs neighbors are really loud koreans that stomp and slam doors.

still looking for a computer desk for blip (for 2 monitors), a tv, and a sofa. thrift stores havent gifted us with great furniture selections

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:39 pm
by Ian7
Waterbear wrote:blips cat is still terrified of the whole place and our upstairs neighbors are really loud koreans that stomp and slam doors.

still looking for a computer desk for blip (for 2 monitors), a tv, and a sofa. thrift stores havent gifted us with great furniture selections
Having been doing the college moving thing for the past four years thrift stores are the hook up for shit like that.
I'd recommend looking on craigslist for a good desk. I got mine there for $40 and it is sweeeet. Doesn't support two monitors though.

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:44 am
by Django
how's the weather up there

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:51 am
by MrBlip
Django wrote:how's the weather up there

Code: Select all

    \  /       Partly Cloudy 
  _ /"".-.     71 °F          
    \_(   ).   ← 0 mph        
    /(___(__)  8 mi           
               0.0 in         
                                                       ┌─────────────┐                                                       
┌──────────────────────────────┬───────────────────────┤ Thu 30. Jun ├───────────────────────┬──────────────────────────────┐
│           Morning            │             Noon      └──────┬──────┘    Evening            │            Night             │
├──────────────────────────────┼──────────────────────────────┼──────────────────────────────┼──────────────────────────────┤
│               Mist           │     \   /     Sunny          │  _`/"".-.     Patchy light r…│      .-.      Moderate or he…│
│  _ - _ - _ -  69 – 71 °F     │      .-.      77 – 78 °F     │   ,\_(   ).   82 – 87 °F     │     (   ).    75 – 80 °F     │
│   _ - _ - _   ← 0 – 6 mph    │   ― (   ) ―   ↑ 3 mph        │    /(___(__)  ↑ 3 – 13 mph   │    (___(__)   ← 6 – 14 mph   │
│  _ - _ - _ -  1 mi           │      `-’      6 mi           │     ⚡‘ ‘⚡‘ ‘  6 mi           │   ‚‘⚡‘‚⚡‚‘    3 mi           │
│               0.0 in | 10%   │     /   \     0.0 in | 0%    │     ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘   0.0 in | 100%  │   ‚’‚’⚡’‚’    2.7 in | 18%   │
└──────────────────────────────┴──────────────────────────────┴──────────────────────────────┴──────────────────────────────┘

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 am
by Grndslmhttr3
Ian7 wrote:
Waterbear wrote:blips cat is still terrified of the whole place and our upstairs neighbors are really loud koreans that stomp and slam doors.

still looking for a computer desk for blip (for 2 monitors), a tv, and a sofa. thrift stores havent gifted us with great furniture selections
Having been doing the college moving thing for the past four years thrift stores are the hook up for shit like that.
I'd recommend looking on craigslist for a good desk. I got mine there for $40 and it is sweeeet. Doesn't support two monitors though.
Best way IMO was finding graduating students who just wanted to get rid of their furniture without having to dispose of it themselves .

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:29 pm
by kevkingofthesea
Hey man, congrats! I'm just over the mountains in TN, so I might be down for a SE US meetup if that were to happen sometime.

Also, I've lived in my house for 3 years and I still have a couple boxes that haven't been unpacked.

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:29 pm
by a1dan
GRATS BLEEP

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 am
by 510 Baud One
Well I am late, but congrats to both of you. Be sure to take pictures and video of all the things wrong in your apartment incase you need to fight your landlord or building management over it. The fact the problems existed at the beginning of your move-in shows the attitude of the landlords.

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:22 pm
by Waterbear
We've had at least 40 bugs in our apt since we moved in June 26. Both black cockroaches (waterbugs I guess) and brown cockroaches (german), as well as these jumpy cricket things that get pretty huge, and some beetles. We've found them in all stages of life in our house, babies to adults.

We've tried: Gel bait, spray (outside and indoors), roach "arenas", diamateceous earth or whatev, sonic wall plug-in deterrents, and had an apartment exterminator stop by twice, the last time being last week. Last night, we found 2 bugs (1 cockroach 1 jumpy cricket) in our bedroom and 3 this morning (cricket, beetle, cockroach). They're never in our kitchen; they're always in our bathroom or living room. Them being in the bedroom is a new terrifying development.

Should I commit suicide?

Re: Starting the next chapter of my life/This is a good year

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:45 pm
by Grndslmhttr3
Waterbear wrote:We've had at least 40 bugs in our apt since we moved in June 26. Both black cockroaches (waterbugs I guess) and brown cockroaches (german), as well as these jumpy cricket things that get pretty huge, and some beetles. We've found them in all stages of life in our house, babies to adults.

We've tried: Gel bait, spray (outside and indoors), roach "arenas", diamateceous earth or whatev, sonic wall plug-in deterrents, and had an apartment exterminator stop by twice, the last time being last week. Last night, we found 2 bugs (1 cockroach 1 jumpy cricket) in our bedroom and 3 this morning (cricket, beetle, cockroach). They're never in our kitchen; they're always in our bathroom or living room. Them being in the bedroom is a new terrifying development.

Should I commit suicide?
just get a bunch of spiders in your apartment and it'll sort itself out