before you post here, READ THIS FIRST

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.
Connor[ae]

for shame tom for shame

Post by Connor[ae] » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:11 am

i am not going to try to wow anyone in this forum with my ability to express myself. I am not that elequent nor a person with all the answers. And for the most part on this argument i find myself overwhelmed by too many errors in grammer or plain reason to sift through it. But what i do want to comment on is the tone of the two main people arguing in it, primarily Tom (ACA-TRaining)...Tom is one of my best friends and i care for him very much...but i have to say i am almost more disapointed in him then i have been in a while... Your tone is absolutly revolting...it makes me sick that you even dare put such trashyness in a mature forum. My main argument comes from that of what you said in your first post.
Joe you make me laugh, i havent laughed this hard since 5 min ago when a guy on penny arcade claimed his post was the equivelent of Einstein and Relativity. But since then, man this takes the cake woot woot joe.

-[ACA]Training
This tone was not as you described it later to ur defense
i want attacking you i was actually being honest u make me laugh and it made me happy no character attack also its not a hominem unless character is taking the place of the argument.
Joe was absolutly right that you were being arrogant, petty and a flat out prick...[my words not his]...i know you in person and i know what you claimed after the fact to not be true...i have seen you writing these posts to joe at your house...i have seen your arrogance and cockyness as you "pwn him"... but i unlike him dont have the decency hide those names that describe how you were acting in the forums......joe does seen to though in this post. He was nice enough to have grouped ur attitude in a nice lil package called ad hominim....and maybe your right tom he may have misused the concept, i personally dont believe he did, but say he did, it still got the intent of what you were doing across...

The fact that you would cover it up and say you werent acting like a prick disgusts me even more...Tom i am one of your best friends and i know your tone wasnt as you said it was... But the biggest thing that puzzles me is why the hell you brought it into this forum in the first place...Joe started this post with a feeling of openness and equality when he said
some people posting here are having a hard time being rational in their arguments. in order to make any progress, we'll need to agree on some principles of thought. i'm a high school dropout, so pardon me if i make some mistakes along the way.
he wasnt saying he had all the answers like your posts obviously claim with there tone and there clear cut lists with answers.

I am not trying either to paint joe out as a victim here...he certainly held his own in a logical and cool headed manner...as for you tom i say two words...for shame...for shame you couldnt rise up to the challenge to put petty past conflicts aside in the persuit of truth...I hope you can see what i wrote here not as a betrayle but a friend trying to help you see what most people as i believe see you when you act in this manner.

*please excuse any gramatical errors that you may come across...
i want to be your dog

Re: before you post here, READ THIS FIRST

Post by i want to be your dog » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:16 am

joe wrote:some people posting here are having a hard time being rational in their arguments.
i red that stuff and all...but i cant - for the life of me - understand the relationship between "rational" and "arguments"! :oops:

look its Woody bebe

-[510]Woody
(^-^) <--Listening to Dazed and Confused Jam
i want to be your dog

Post by i want to be your dog » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:41 am

well now i reply for reals:

i have taken a lot of university math classes (studying now too).

so training is right that if ur premises are true then the whole is true. tho joe was right in philosophical way (for example car that looks red doesnt have to be red).

and i think training was at least hostile. some ppl are very aggressive/pasionate tho... could be it.

i dont remember which way that de/in-duction was... but i guess u could use some logic and try to figure it out if you know that "de" usually means "non-" or "reverse operation".

-[510]Woody
[ACA]Training

Post by [ACA]Training » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:04 pm

connor dont be ignorant. You dont know 1/2 the story. I could sit here and pick apart what you said but its pointless. So bottom line, i edited this because u are my friend... i will give you some ad hominem tu quo without any qualms. dont be an arrogant ignorant man and especially while trying to correct others for the same thing, no1 will ever listen, and since there isnt really an "argument" maybe it isnt ahtq but eh... Bottom line dotn come on here and A) Lie, B) act liek an arrogant prick C) talk about things you dont know (like the background on this post) D) stirring up a post that is over 4 months old to try to prove some sort of sadistic point. Because none of that is "friendly" its only sad and dispicable.
-train
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:56 pm

ouch! the gauntlet has been thrown!
i want to be your dog

Post by i want to be your dog » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:52 pm

i think aca training needs to cool down and respect others.

surely, its ironic that the reason joe started this thread was to make end to just these kind of conversations :D

well everyone just chill

-(510)moody woody
Connor[ae]

:(

Post by Connor[ae] » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:03 pm

i'm sorrry you feel that my tone was as you say it was...but i can honestly say it wasnt...i tried to make it as honest as i could...thats how i feel you act on these forums...and i believe i am being fairly cool headed when i wrote them...

o i see maybe where u thought i was arogant...the too many gramatical errors and logic statement i said...i meant it as...there were too many gramatical errors that lead to mistatments in logic...and that made it hard to understand and argue...not that i noticed them all and was superior or anything...so yea maybe u were right tom i may have come of arrogant...but it was not intended..i hope that clarifies something...but this does go to show even with misunderstanding due to grammer we need not get upset...

but i wasnt lieing...thats how you look when you are writing those posts at your house...i have seen you numerous times...so u saying i was lieing doesnt seem fair...and i may not know the background of the post but after listening to u show me all the posts where u fight against joe i think i have an adequate understanding of the history u two have had...and i also dont understand the sadistic point thing...and i was trying to be friendly...friends dont always say nice things...thats half the part of being a friend...being honest with eachother..i am not going to say that i respect your posts...because then i would be lieing and you would be right in calling me one in your post
i want to be your dog

Re: :(

Post by i want to be your dog » Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:47 am

Connor[ae] wrote:i'm sorrry you feel that my tone was as you say it was...but i can honestly say it wasnt...i tried to make it as honest as i could...thats how i feel you act on these forums...and i believe i am being fairly cool headed when i wrote them...
would hate to be your english teacher connor. ;)

well those articulate kids suck anyways- either dead or dork. not sweet. :D i mean that whole x-gen thingy with a bunch of those smashing pumpkins fans with the language capabilities very high. (just luv stereotypes) :) and they are like "surely that is not the munchies... that prior to munchies-state its called as blah blah blah.. also did u know that i bought hard cocaine from english bookstore yesterday, eh chap?" :D

ps. im a moron...hahahha

-von 510 woody
[ACA]Training

Post by [ACA]Training » Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:56 am

First off, did a finish person just correct english grammar? LOL the sad thing is even though i know most ppl (including me) dnt bother to care about grammar on forums foriegn ppl still prolyl have better grammar, the degridation of our language is funny in a sad way.

Second, Connor i already told you i wouldn't degrade myself by arguing this foolishness so let it go. If you needed some sort of ego boost or thing you need to establish some sort of twisted alpha male dominance you could have done it another way instead of trying to try to bash me in front of a bunch of ppl on a forum thread that is months old while doing the A-D i mentioned above, so ill say stop 1 more time. Stop, and thankyou in advance.

-train
i want to be your dog

Post by i want to be your dog » Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:42 am

[ACA]Training wrote:First off, did a finish person just correct english grammar? LOL the sad thing is even though i know most ppl (including me) dnt bother to care about grammar on forums foriegn ppl still prolyl have better grammar, the degridation of our language is funny in a sad way
lol do i look like a person that cares about grammar in forums? 8O dang dude... i couldnt continue my spamming in numerous forums if i paid any attention to it... (<--- lol notice those dots maybe its for speed-writingzz) i write so fast... and i dont even think it before...lol... no shit? well its like a mind flow stuff... i dont plan my writings at all..i just add words together and it doesnt even make sence...

but dont get mistaken by it... i can write good english if i want to.. but i think forums are the worst place to do it... its pretty useless... and not accordance to my "ho-ring" rules. :D

-510 wootah
phyr

Post by phyr » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:37 am

here we go, the whole process joe decribed laid out decriptively in the thread...lol

yeah, my mom has has her masters in english mabie she can decode this for us :wink:

seriously though ... I am a huge stonner joe i lost you like the 4th paragraph.

Just tell us what to do if we argue, slap us!
WILD!
It really is...

"LostSoulz78: but then again, who else can bitch slap me with words..."
"phyrfly: i think ur addicted :P"
Diggity
resident expendable statistic
resident expendable statistic

Post by Diggity » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:45 pm

ok I'm going to skip reading half of this and make comments, so forgive me.

argument by pure logic: Logic often times is lacking.

ex) We have a problem with overpopulation

Logical solution: kill some of the people

support: its cheaper than implementing birth control prevention processes

My point being here that logic and the scientific process tend to ignore moral consquences or truth that cannot be quantified.
<diggity>
w00d00ch1ld

Post by w00d00ch1ld » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:36 am

:) Roger that! :)
|*>-={{[[[[w00d00ch1ld]]]]}}=-<*|
AkA |'*'*'*'FluFFy the FlufFx0rZ'*'*'*'|
Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:44 pm

If Joe ever went/goes to college... he would/will be captain of the debate team. Of that, I am sure. :)
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray
redBULLman

Post by redBULLman » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:05 pm

im confused
Drink RED BULL, it gives you WIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS. redBULLman
Cc_King_Kong_Assassin: *uses his Jedi pimp slap*
Quoted from Cnn.com-"The energy drink Red Bull is banned for sale in Norway and Denmark. "

I am 80% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?