Religion

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.

What is your Religion?

Born-Again Christian (or just non-denominational)
9
7%
Buddist
4
3%
Catholic
11
8%
Atheist
48
36%
Atheist
48
36%
Pagan
4
3%
Jewish
3
2%
Lutheran/Protestant/Baptist (other denoms of Christianity)
5
4%
 
Total votes: 132
User avatar
Charlie
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Location: Silicone Valley
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by Charlie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Aren't we all. :-)
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray
User avatar
scobywhru
Posts: 4773
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 pm
Xfire: scobywhru
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by scobywhru » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

not robots
Image
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
User avatar
mushubeans
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Re: Religion

Post by mushubeans » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

i wouldnt call myself an athiest because an atheist is someone who believes in no greater power than themselves, i am strongly against christianity and i cant stand it. i was baptized catholic and went to church until i was 12 but i didnt get the stories and how they related at all to our life so i quit.
i believe that intelligent forces created our universe (NOT ALIENS!) and that when we die we will have our questions answered, not go to hell or somethin for jackin off
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong...
User avatar
joe
The Big Cheese
Posts: 32538
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:40 am
Location: northern california
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by joe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:37 pm

so you think after you die you'll still be alive? even though your brain stops working?

so if you used a melon scooper to scoop out your brains now, you wouldn't even notice, right? because you don't really need it because you'll keep being able to think about stuff even after you die
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
User avatar
King_Fluffy
Posts: 2410
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 am
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire
Location: FluffyLand
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by King_Fluffy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:55 pm

I think he means our physical death joe. The end of this stage of life, to move onto another plane of existence.
The death of this life. Not all life.
And he will notice, it's called a painful death, pretty hard to miss.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
User avatar
joe
The Big Cheese
Posts: 32538
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:40 am
Location: northern california
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by joe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 pm

we will have our questions answered
so where is the brain that is thinking of these questions and getting the answers?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
User avatar
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>
Posts: 11458
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 am
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by mbaxter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

mushubeans wrote:i believe that intelligent forces created our universe (NOT ALIENS!)
So, not aliens. Then, humans?
Image
User avatar
joe
The Big Cheese
Posts: 32538
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:40 am
Location: northern california
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by joe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am

Image
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
User avatar
Dr Lecter
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:31 am
Location: Hell with old people, florida..

Re: Religion

Post by Dr Lecter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:18 pm

A kitten dies every time a thread about religion is at the top of recent posts.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
User avatar
ja raul
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Religion

Post by ja raul » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 am

Doctor Hannibal Lecter wrote:A kitten dies every time a thread about religion is at the top of recent posts.
meow

Sam Harris on neuroscience and morality, its a long one
User avatar
joe
The Big Cheese
Posts: 32538
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:40 am
Location: northern california
Contact:

Re: Religion

Post by joe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 am

while i agree with him about everything he said on morality, i disagree with his conclusion and objective.

science ultimately is reproducible and testable. nothing about morality is reproducible or testable.

in science you can say A is B because of axioms X, Y and Z. they are the bedrock beneath all science. for example 2+2=4.

if you say nazis are evil because X, Y, Z there are no axioms. someone can just say X is not true and there goes your house of cards.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
User avatar
Base
Posts: 1286
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Religion

Post by Base » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: Religion

Post by Gr|m » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:38 am

that video sucked and what was that amanda bynes thing!?
User avatar
ChitterChatter
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Canada, eh!

Re: Religion

Post by ChitterChatter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:03 pm

I think there was an "Arby 'n' the Chief" video where they discussed God is a very humorous manner. If I find it I'll provide a link asap.

Edit: Found it. Go to 2:00


Not that it proves anything, but it made me laugh.
"Dangit Bobby, stop jerking off in my tool shed!"

I sell cocaine and cocaine accessories.
All part of a balanced breakfast!
Post Reply