do you prefer people in your life to be simple or complex?

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.

do you prefer people in your life to be simple or complex?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:31 pm

simple
23%
complex
77%

Total votes: 47
SurNim

Re: do you prefer people in your life to be simple or complex?

Post by SurNim » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:56 am

joe wrote:... someone who thinks 2+2=5. after you show them the math is wrong and they insist 2+2=5 ... it's a form of mental illness.
Excuse me, but I find this highly offensive ;)

Seriously though guys, don't make me go all 90's educational tv show morals "accept your differences" on you guys. Neither side will ever convince the other of anything, at least not on the internet. If people are going to give up their faith then they will do it when they are ready, but not because you called them stoopid on the internet. What defines 'ready' is hard to say. Given their social environment or other factors, there is no guarantee they will ever lose their faith. Personally I prefer not to even consider a persons religious orientation when getting to know somebody, If they are a good person then I don't care whether they are religious or atheist.

Can't we all get along?
Maybe it's time for a group hug?

SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
2+2=5
(for large values of 2)
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am

Seems more appropriate for the immature forum, honestly. I mean obvious troll post is obvious.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:06 pm

SurNim wrote:
joe wrote:... someone who thinks 2+2=5. after you show them the math is wrong and they insist 2+2=5 ... it's a form of mental illness.
Excuse me, but I find this highly offensive ;)

Seriously though guys, don't make me go all 90's educational tv show morals "accept your differences" on you guys. Neither side will ever convince the other of anything, at least not on the internet. If people are going to give up their faith then they will do it when they are ready, but not because you called them stoopid on the internet. What defines 'ready' is hard to say. Given their social environment or other factors, there is no guarantee they will ever lose their faith. Personally I prefer not to even consider a persons religious orientation when getting to know somebody, If they are a good person then I don't care whether they are religious or atheist.

Can't we all get along?
Maybe it's time for a group hug?

SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
I am totally for this, looking back upon my own posts I have realized what made me act out. When I saw how Joe was treating people with faith, he brought upon himself my own passive aggressive wraith. Sorry Joe for being mean to you, its just when people treat people like that, it makes me go crazy.

So...
SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!

PS. Also this is awesome Dugan gonna sig it.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:43 pm

it's highly offensive to me that in 2011 people still believe in a monotheistic religion invented 5000 years ago.

also the two sides aren't equivalent. on my side is all of human history and science. on your side is a fairy tale your parents told you.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm

To be fair it's a pretty entertaining fairy tale. Much better than that one about a stupid girl and 3 bears.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:51 pm

joe wrote:it's highly offensive to me that in 2011 people still believe in a monotheistic religion invented 5000 years ago.

also the two sides aren't equivalent. on my side is all of human history and science. on your side is a fairy tale your parents told you.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Except everyone can agree that Goldilocks is a fucking selfish and vain brat by the end of that fairy tale, where as people somehow come to the conclusion that God loved his creations with the other tale. Somehow committing genocide, spreading disease, and terror, aren't as bad as stealing porridge.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:46 pm

don't forget the deal with foreskins
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm

There's like a thread an inch down the page to argue about religion...

I like a mix of simple as well as complex people in my life. Simple people are always nice to just kick back and relax with. Complex people are good for when I need to talk to someone or having a deep relationship with someone.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Josh43558

Post by Josh43558 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 pm

A Ninja wrote:There's like a thread an inch down the page to argue about religion...

I like a mix of simple as well as complex people in my life. Simple people are always nice to just kick back and relax with. Complex people are good for when I need to talk to someone or having a deep relationship with someone.
I don't know God too well, but he difinitely loves you for getting back on topic. Thank you A Ninja and God bless you xD

Also, as long as joe doesn't ban people for being religious, I say let him talk.
Magnus: This questionnaire is invalid as there is no comedy option. Please revise and resubmit for approval.
King_Fluffy: They're all minecraft servers, they're all comedy options.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

I voted complex, and i'm a social liberal.

Simple people usually have black & white thinking, and are generally boring IMO. (However I've spent most of my life in Texas and Alabama, so the chances of me running into "complex" people is low. I have met a few, though, and I am more attached to them.)

I try to be as dynamic and complex as possible so I seem like a mystery.
Charlie

Post by Charlie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

I like things simple.

I'm conservative, religious, and therefore must be devoid of any high level mental functionality. :sunny:

Other Catholics that can't spell: Thomas Aquinas, Pope John Paul II, August of Hippo, St. Jerome... I could go on, but won't. Dumb Catholics. :crazy:
Last edited by Charlie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray
Josh43558

Post by Josh43558 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Charlie wrote:I like things simple, I'm conservative, religious, and therefore must be devoid of any high level mental functionality. :sunny:

Other Catholics that can't spell: Thomas Aquinas, Pope John Paul II, August of Hippo, St. Jerome... I could go on, but won't. Dumb Catholics. :crazy:

Dude. John Paul II knew more languages than everyone on/in j2. It's inevitable that he would spell poorly in some of them.
Magnus: This questionnaire is invalid as there is no comedy option. Please revise and resubmit for approval.
King_Fluffy: They're all minecraft servers, they're all comedy options.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Charlie wrote:I like things simple, I'm conservative, religious, and therefore must be devoid of any high level mental functionality. :sunny:

okaaay, I'm done here :abandon:
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Charlie

Post by Charlie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Cool snail.

pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd:
Last edited by Charlie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray