Mississippi Proposition 26

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.
Muffin

Mississippi Proposition 26

Post by Muffin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 pm

source
Proposition 26, which provides that “[t]he term ‘person’ or ‘persons’ shall include every human being from the moment of fertilization, cloning or the functional equivalent thereof,”
This is basically aiming to make abortion illegal. The problem is, it is so vaguely worded that this could also include things such as birth control, since it has been proven to cause abortions in some cases. If abortion is going to be illegal, it will be illegal. I can't see there being any exceptions for birth control, if it's proven to cause abortions.(source)

Keep in mind, these are pro-life doctors agreeing on the birth-control statement as well. So now it's not really a question whether or not birth control can cause abortions.

I'm having a very hard time trying to convince people to vote no on this, as expected. They are so set-in-stone with their opinions and basically refuse to listen to anything else.. All they see in this is that it will be ban abortion (which they want)

What is extremely ironic is that I know for a fact that a lot of these people I'm debating with are on birth control themselves. The common argument seems to be "well if they don't want a baby they have no business having sex!". I don't think anyone has ANY idea how pissed off I am to live where I do and be surrounded by these people.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Re: Mississippi Proposition 26

Post by tehENEMY » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Mississippi well now there's your problem right there.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Muffin wrote:I don't think anyone has ANY idea how pissed off I am to live where I do and be surrounded by these people.
Note: they tried this exact same proposition twice in colorado (2008 I believe? don't quote me on the year), and it failed both times
snipersaurusrex

Post by snipersaurusrex » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm against abortion completely.

But if you don't want a child, double bag the beast. If you're ignorant and stupid and participate in unprotected bangin', you deserve the burden that is a child.

Edit: I just sounded like a dumbass. Forgive me. What I mean when I say "double bag the beast" is be more careful. Yes I know the friction rule, I'm not an idiot. And I don't think children are burdens. Thats just how people who end up with them (who don't want them) label them. A burden, an accident, a mistake, A problem. A child, an EMBRYO is a human being. And killing it is a mortal sin, an intrinsic evil. Hope that clears things up. Sorry, again, if I was the ignorant-sounding one. I feel full-retard.
Last edited by snipersaurusrex on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbaxter- You forgot to put my name in 128-block high writing made from pure kittens.
Wolsk- Candy Cane dildo.
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 pm

the thing is, whether you're for or against abortion this should NOT pass

that's what I'm having such a hard time getting across to people
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 pm

snipersaurusrex wrote: double bag the beast.
bad idea:causes more friction, higher chance of tearing.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 pm

this fucking country. words escape me

and i didn't see any discussion of the bill that passed the house last week making it LEGAL for doctors to let women DIE rather than perform abortions on them, in cases when the pregnancy posed danger to the life of the mother

of course the bill failed in the senate thank god but can you imagine if it passed? what the fuck is going on with people?

then again how anyone can watch the republican debates and not think all of them are even remotely capable of being president is beyond me. it seems like fully half the country is really, literally insane.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Ikri

Post by Ikri » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 am

snipersaurusrex wrote:I'm against abortion completely.

But if you don't want a child, double bag the beast. If you're ignorant and stupid and participate in unprotected bangin', you deserve the burden that is a child.
Are you fucking kidding me? A child is not a burden. It is a living human being that deserves support, love, comfort, shelter and nourishment. If you're not ready to take care of it, both you and the child are piss out of luck and that child is at a huge disadvantage in life, as are you with another HUMAN to support.

The first four years, including the 9 months in the womb, that child is figuring out how the world will receive him and how to react to it. Just imagine what lack of nourishment, medical care and the sense that you're safe and cared for will do to a child later in life. All sorts of psychological disorders result from bad treatment during this period, including tendencies toward drug addiction, depression, crime, self esteem and emotional disorders.

Bringing a child into this world is NOT a light issue and it is minds like yours that create an atmosphere that leads to poverty, disease and lack of education that currently 28 million Americans are "burdened" with.

Also, take basic sex ed, you ignorant twat. And for the love of god, not abstinence-only education. The friction that's caused between two condoms increases the chances of it breaking.
Last edited by Ikri on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 am

When ever abortion is discussed, I have to bring out this statistic.

1 in 4 pregnancies do not go full term naturally. (These are only pregnancies clinically acknowledge and do not include failed implantation, etc. in the first weeks when the woman doesn't even know she is pregnant)
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 am

Ikri wrote:It is a living human being that deserves support, love, comfort, shelter and nourishment.
Another reason for keeping abortion legal. If a woman knows she will not be able to support a child, it's just selfish to bring it into this world without having everything it deserves
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 am

snipersaurusrex wrote:But if you don't want a child, double bag the beast.
I'm glad people make posts like these. It's just that much less work for me to have to do to figure out who is and isn't a fucking idiot.
snipersaurusrex wrote:If you're ignorant and stupid and participate in unprotected bangin', you deserve the burden that is a child.
See previous comment
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:49 am

@Ikri but that unaborted baby could grow up to be a banker, and fuck bankers .

A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 am

While on the subject, read this the other day online.

Basically, America has the highest death rate for children from abuse/neglect in the industrialized world
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15193530

The article make a good comparision between a conservative state (Texas) and a liberal state (Vermont) Worth reading.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:14 am

Mad_Dugan wrote:When ever abortion is discussed, I have to bring out this statistic.

1 in 4 pregnancies do not go full term naturally. (These are only pregnancies clinically acknowledge and do not include failed implantation, etc. in the first weeks when the woman doesn't even know she is pregnant)
Oh good you beat me to it.

I'm hoping that, if this stupid proposition passes, somebody charges a woman who has a naturally failed pregnancy with manslaughter.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:42 am

Finally, sinners are getting what they deserve
ron paul 08
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."