Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Gr|m » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 am

I guess this is a bit of a dead horse topic but it came up during L4D2 and I couldn't resist. (Plus, there isn't all that much activity in this subforum anyways)

If you happen to be in the group of people that think George Zimmerman was a racist that murdered Trayvon Martin in cold blood without justification, please watch this video.



I don't think that the video proves that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Trayvon, but I do think that there is enough evidence throughout it to prove that this controversy is not as clear as the media portrayed it. The media has an agenda. The video I posted has an agenda too (to prove Zimmerman isn't so bad and that Trayvon wasn't a perfect little angel). Take both with a grain of salt before you believe with all your heart what newscasters tell you to believe.

Either way, it's sad that a young kid was killed... if Zimmerman was truly justified (as the jury decided), then it's also sad that he has been plastered with such a bad name.
User avatar
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:47 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Neelpos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:24 am

The jury did not decide Zimmerman's actions were justified, they determined that Zimmerman was not guilty of murder, the prosecution has been criticized heavily for pursuing a murder charge instead of manslaughter, the latter of which he is fairly positively guilty of.

Also watermelon Arizona? The second best Arizona drink? And fucking Skittles? Attempting to say Trayvon was a druggie because he bought a delicious beverage and some candy is, for lack of better phrasing, the most retarded idea ever put forth in the year 2013, especially considering it's the robitussin that's the actual drug.

OH NO I WALKED OUT OF A STORE WITH SOME COMPRESSED AIR BECAUSE MY COMPUTER'S DIRTY BETTER SHOOT ME BECAUSE I'M PROBABLY GONNA HUFF IT AND IT'S ALL READY TO GO UNLIKE ARIZONA AND SKITTLES.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Gr|m » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 am

Supposedly, and neither of us have access to the 'true evidence', Trayvon had posted between a friend on myspace about using/making lean. No one can prove whether or not his skittles and watermelon drink was meant to be mixed with sizzurp nor can I even prove that his myspace conversation was real or w/e.. but honestly, his drink and skittles is one of the least important points the video makes.

As for being guilty of manslaughter, I believe that is a given since he shot and killed someone
User avatar
Sanvich Hoovy
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 am
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 am

I stopped paying attention to this trial a long time ago, especially when I learned he was never even arrested on the night of the shooting. (I dont care what the alibi is, if you shoot someone, you should probably be arrested, first, then get a chance to explain yourself.)
But thats beside the point, and as Grlm said, the media has a bias. And in this case, it was to get everyone to redirect their anger at each other, instead of at, say, a certain government scandal that was raging on before this trial was shoved back into the spotlight. And did that tactic ever work.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image
User avatar
3 Ducks
High-Chancellor of Bread Crumbs
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by 3 Ducks » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 am

Image
Quack
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8521
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Django » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 am

What about when Zimmerman came out of the trial all like "Ya, this is all the work of Gawd"
That has to be the most pompous douchebag thing that anyone can say. Even, if you are not guilty.

Like dude, you got away with all this shit, have at-least some humbleness.

Also, i gotta try that trayvon martini it doesn't sound half bad
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
GG50
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Planet Earth, Sol System, Milkway Galaxy

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by GG50 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Usually hate these kinds of things, but it amused me:
Image
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

This is a signature; it is for my amusement, not yours.
Wolsk wrote:Real men don't need a woman in order to make babies.
User avatar
NIPPER
Posts: 10682
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by NIPPER » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Neelpos wrote:Also watermelon Arizona? The second best Arizona drink? And fucking Skittles? Attempting to say Trayvon was a druggie because he bought a delicious beverage and some candy is, for lack of better phrasing, the most retarded idea ever put forth in the year 2013, especially considering it's the robitussin that's the actual drug.
Seriously, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How could anyone take this video seriously?
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Gr|m » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Trayvon has myspace messages about using 'lean' so the fact that he had just skittles and watermelon flavored arizona definitely points towards lean as the use. Why would you argue differently?

And either way, him using it doesn't have much to do with whether or not Zimmerman was in the okay when he killed him, does it?
Little Weapon
Posts: 2391
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Little Weapon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Since when the fuck do you make lean with skittles and arizona?

You make it with 7-Up and Jolly Ranchers

Also, Robotussin isn't lean. Gulping Robo is called "Scissor" which is DXM, and very spiritual drug.


LEAN is made from Promethazine Codeine, which is essentially an opiate strain. Very different drugs. Also Prometh is not over the counter, neither is Hydrocodone which some people use instead.

Not watching the video just because of that dumb shit on the cover. I don't see how this is being spread around so much and people are buying into it even though it's clearly clearly incorrect.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Gr|m » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 am

Little Weapon wrote: Not watching the video just because of that dumb shit on the cover. I don't see how this is being spread around so much and people are buying into it even though it's clearly clearly incorrect.
Do you honestly think that such a stance is in the least bit intellectual? You didn't even look at the information because it goes against something you're obviously very opinionated about.. and then you claim that the information in the video that you didn't even watch is "clearly incorrect."

And I'm not "buying into" any crap on this subject either- especially not the crap that the mainstream media spewed out. I want to believe the best of both people involved but the reality is that if you actually DESIRE the truth and happen to look at all the facts, not just the ones that support your conclusion (a conclusion that seems quiet emotionally fueled btw), you will realize that the conclusion isn't so clear.

It doesn't bother me whether you conclude that Zimmerman is innocent or not. I would just hope that you might actually look at sources of information that hold contrary positions to your own before feeling certain about your own position. If you've already "done that" then so be it.
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8521
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Django » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 am

Him being innocent, or not is what really matters because it's the last word on the whole situation.
And that is what denies or confirms all the stupid speculation that was milked by the news ,and thus also the higher topics that came with it
Like gun control, racism, vigilantism in this country.
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
CaptainTripps
Posts: 4875
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:00 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 am

Kind of sad to see Gr¦m actually defending George Zimmerman, necrobumpshizzlepost that it is. Also hey look it's that guy.
Image
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman stuff

Post by Gr|m » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 am

It's kind of irritating that (it seems like) all of black America feels that anyone who didn't believe Trayvon was innocent is loco. The color of both of their skins makes no difference to me. The kid was obviously into some bad stuff and it APPEARS that he attacked Zimmerman.

I don't know what actually happened that night. What I do know is that the media usually has an agenda. It really sucks that a kid got shot and killed but can you, as a citizen that gets their information from media outlets, be all that certain that your opinion on the situation is correct (which happens to contradict the verdict from a court)?

But honestly, if you or whoever are going to either A. refuse to watch the video or B. ignore the stuff mentioned in the video, meaningful discussion isn't going to occur. So there's that..

I kind of miss j2 forum debates...
Post Reply