Bernie Sanders

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.

Do you stand with Sanders?

Yes
63%
No
23%
I don't know
2%
Not anymore
2%
Who cares [note: you should]
10%

Total votes: 52
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Trump has the "it" factor. I don't know what "it" is, but he's got it. 0% chance I'm not voting for him in November. I also don't know dick about politics and likely never will, but Trump winning would upset a lot of people and that would amuse me.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Fri May 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Grndslmhttr3 wrote:Trump has the "it" factor. I don't know what "it" is, but he's got it. 0% chance I'm not voting for him in November. I also don't know dick about politics and likely never will, but Trump winning would upset a lot of people and that would amuse me.
I think for most people it's charisma. Anyone who takes politics seriously probably likes to imagine a world in which the political debates are at the height of human intellectualism, as opposed to being composed of shamefully effective fallacies, most common in politics being ad hominem.
Sadly, we do live in a world where personal attacks are often much more effective than logical, reasoned attacks of the actual argument at hand, especially when it comes to large crowds. Intelligence, integrity and respect would usually just take away from this ability, while charisma makes it work like a charm. This can be seen in any number of social interactions, in any place, like J2 for example!

I admit that I am charmed by Trump's charisma. He's very amusing as well. But that would never earn my vote.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri May 27, 2016 8:15 pm

When it comes to voting and making political decisions, things generally have 2 tiers of importance. The one most people think of when they talk about politics is the second tier, which is the "left vs. right, what direction should the country take" tier. This tier includes debates about the size of government, civil rights, foreign policy, etc. The first tier, talked about less (sadly) is the "What do we need to do to keep our democracy FUNCTIONING" tier, which includes things like weeding out corruption, making sure all citizens can vote, making sure none of the four branches of government are too powerful(checks and balances), etc. There are some MAJOR problems with the first tier, like voter suppression, obvious corruption in both parties thanks to things like Citizens United, rampant partisanship due to gerrymandering, and a press which is owned by the same people who would benefit from an ignorant populace.

People (rightfully so) believe that as long as issues in the first tier exist, debating over issues in the second tier is pointless (why are democrats having debates about immigration when a republican-controlled congress will vote down anything a democrat president proposes?). Since it's abundantly clear that Clinton isn't going to do anything to fix the first-tier problems, as all of her campaign contributions come from people who benefit from the status quo, Bernie supporters are more willing to vote Trump, despite being 100% opposite on the left-right spectrum, because he's marketed himself as an "outsider who can shake up Washington".

This support is falsely placed, since he hasn't actually put forth a plan to weed out corruption, or do anything substantial to fix our broken system, he just talks about how "we dont win anymore". The establishment fears Trump because he's unpredictable, and they haven't been able to buy him yet and make him another puppet. They don't fear him because he's declared war on them the way Bernie has, and that's the distinction a lot of Bernie supporters miss. There's no actual guarantee that if he gets the presidency, he wont just become another insider, using his political power to make him and his friends money a la Dick Cheney or Rick Scott.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 am

I agree on the butthurt, Narwal.

and grnd, this is why we can't have nice things

vxi I agree with the charm. hillary and him will be good fodder for all the comedians.

and that's a good point, sanvich, I hadn't thought about it that way.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
vxi

Post by vxi » Tue May 31, 2016 12:52 am

I learned recently that the current delegate counts aren't even official or final until July.

There is hope!
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 pm

There isn't, he is done.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
vxi

Post by vxi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Ian7 wrote:There isn't, he is done.
Your mother was done last night but that didn't stop me

EDIT:
There is always hope
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 pm

vxi wrote:
Ian7 wrote:There isn't, he is done.
Your mother was done last night but that didn't stop me

EDIT:
There is always hope
Hope has nothing to do with politics in our country. Despite what Obama thinks/tried to portray.
By the numbers Bernie is done. If Bernie gets the democratic nomination I will donate $50 to the server fund, and if I don't bax you can ban me from everything till I do.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:04 am

I'll fund the servers for 4 years if that happens
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:24 am

narwal wrote:I'll fund the servers for 4 years if that happens
$7,200.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:39 am

dmitri ravinoff wrote:and grnd, this is why we can't have nice things.
When Trump becomes president, we're not going to have nice things - we're going to have great things, with America being one of them.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:03 am

tl;dw: Major television networks (allegedly) plan to falsely call a victory for Hillary before polls end tomorrow.

Since a good portion of you guys are in Cali, I thought it might be prudent to tell you guys about this. Anyone else smell scum?

States holding primaries tomorrow:
North Dakota
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
South Dakota

(i'm hoping to hell Sanders can pull ahead in this one; but i'm not holding my breath. I'll take Clinton over Trump any day)
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Ian seems awfully confident in that State department report being a load of hooey.

Bernie's not getting the nom unless FBI reccomends indictment before July 28th. Anytime after that and this election officially upgrades from shitshow to absolute catastrophe.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Neel you talking about Hilary going to jail and all that buzz? I was just referencing delegates and super delegates.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:13 pm

No yeah delegates are all locked at this point, a Bernie comeback isn't happening. Clinton faces an almost guaranteed danger of indictment however, the report from the state department made very clear not only the regulations she avoided, but actual laws she broke pertaining to the handling of classified material. At the very least a reccomendation would sink her campaign and we'll end up with a Trump presidency and an Obama legacy of "I suppressed the DOJ indictment of my SoS whom I don't even like".

Ideally this danger would be openly acknowledged and the DNC would ironically urge a superdelegate switch. At this point though that's not happening until the FBI officially declares.

Hence, shitshow.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.