The New Valve Hammer? any1 have an idea for release?

Like such as the NIPPER
Yokai

The New Valve Hammer? any1 have an idea for release?

Post by Yokai » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:59 pm

Wondering when i would probably come out? you guys know anything about this?
NIPPER wrote:stop bumping old topics you fucking retards.
mR.sPANKY

Post by mR.sPANKY » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Dunno but i wish they would make a tool so that you could spray a texture over another. Instead of one texture per brush face.
My new mapping website with a few maps and tutorials.
http://www.bestcsmaps.tk
Yokai

Post by Yokai » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:11 pm

ummm.... That would probably cause major lag anyway... but i like the way the glass breaks in a cool way now besides the whole window dissapearing.... Its cool ;D

Hopefuly they'll not make it harder.... If so, we ganna get alot of posts on "how do i create an entity?" :roll:
Disgruntled Postman

Post by Disgruntled Postman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:13 pm

most likely coming out when or a little bit after hl2. if you want, you can get it with the leaked hl2. I am considering downloading the leaked hl2, taking out the VHE and then dumping the rest. I hope my curiosity doesnt prevail.
Kivlov

Post by Kivlov » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:20 pm

just wait for the full VHE the one with the leaked apparantly is very buggy :O
Who Told You To Die? Keep Fighting!
Disgruntled Postman

Post by Disgruntled Postman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:28 pm

Too late, im already close to finishing it, and im not having all that time be wasted. also, i just wanna get like, a feel for the progrum before it comes oot.
small_pox

Post by small_pox » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:36 pm

Most likely when HL2 comes out, if not then DoD:S, which I think well be soon after HL2.
bobjones

Post by bobjones » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:13 am

Disgruntled Postman wrote:Too late, im already close to finishing it, and im not having all that time be wasted. also, i just wanna get like, a feel for the progrum before it comes oot.
you wont get a "feel" for it until the full version comes out
the leaked version is buggy and crappy, you wont learn anything worth while

and no one knows when it comes out, could be tommorow, could be 5 months
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:25 am

Mapping for the Source engine is supposed to be easier. The Source Modding FAQ on VERC makes it sound like its going to be pretty nice...

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.p ... ce_mod_faq
sys

Post by sys » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:52 pm

i was looking at the leaked version for a bit (although it crashed whenever i tried to save, and i couldn't find the compile tools)

the entity system has like a spreadsheet type thing of inputs and outputs. it looks like entities are going to 'communicate' back in forth. not just triggering one another but actually passing data back and forth. i'm thinking it will probably be pretty much the same as the HL engine far as simple effects go, but you will have to learn the whole system if you want to take advantage of the multiple-entities-tied-to-each-other functionality (among other things)
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
bobjones

Post by bobjones » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:10 pm

Wildfire wrote:Mapping for the Source engine is supposed to be easier. The Source Modding FAQ on VERC makes it sound like its going to be pretty nice...

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.p ... ce_mod_faq
seeing the new hammer is going to be pretty much the same as the old one, it wont be much easier

the only thing that will be easier is terrain, because you wont have to do it brush by brush anymore
i think the new entity system will take awhile to get used to, as well as how were going to tie entites together that are models (like a gun on a car)
its going to require alot of work to make complex stuff that has like 4-5 entites in it. (like a car with a door / gun / shocks / etc...)

so yeah, if you already know how to use hammer, basic maps should be pretty easy
but once you get into creating your own cars, and tieing entites together, its gonna get hard

btw
any of yall messed around with XSI ?
its a fucking bitch !
Yusuke

Post by Yusuke » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:01 pm

I did and created a few files but I don't know how to get them to become HL2 models so I just gave up.
Yokai

Post by Yokai » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:39 pm

Do not get a leaked version 8O They put alot of work into that game and if you bought CS:S you would understand that they had to have money to get the game that well done... I mean its just not right :cry:
Spoon

Post by Spoon » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:51 pm

that post made no sense...They're not going to lose money if you download an illegal version of a free piece of software. you, sir, sucketh.
Yusuke

Post by Yusuke » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:02 pm

If the post Yokai was made to me then it made a little sense. But no, XSI is the modelling program that was DISTRIBUTED BY VALVE and therefore legal and not a leak. If it wasn't to me, go with Humanoid's post.