game_player_equip problem

Like such as the NIPPER
hoax

game_player_equip problem

Post by hoax » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:08 pm

hello,

I was following the tutorial from this site on editing entities using ripent and everything worked as expected, but after all the additions I am getting a strange bug..

I used game_player_equip to give knife, suit and elites to all players, and everything works, but... I also added some armory_entity all over the map with different weapons...

When the first player joins the game he respawns with the combo from the player_equip, but if he grabs a primary weapon from the groun (ie. AK) BEFORE "game comencing", when the first round starts that player is able to hold TWO primary weapons (ie: AK, Colt, Knife, Elites)

It only happens at the first round.... With the player that grabbed a primary before "game comencing".. Other players that join during the game dont have this problem.

Is there a way to fix this behavior? Any target names I could try or maybe any different way to set it all up? I dont have the original .map file... I have to accomplish this thru ripent

This is how my game_player_equip looks atm:
{
"origin" "-1232 -848 -202"
"ammo_762nato" "2"
"ammo_9mm" "4"
"targetname" "equip"
"item_assaultsuit" "1"
"weapon_knife" "1"
"weapon_elite" "1"
"classname" "game_player_equip"
}

Any help is much appreciated...

cheers
hoax
Yusuke

Post by Yusuke » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:23 pm

That's an unfixable bug in the system, it has nothing to do with your entity work.
hoax

Post by hoax » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 pm

the reason I am thinking it must be related to my entity work is because I never seen a map like this(or probably I am just nuts)...

but normally on every map I seen so far, you either respawn with the player_equip combo and there are no weapons on the floor, or there are weapons on the floor but you dont get any weapons when you respawn...hope this is not too confusing...

I guess the question is...is there a way to disable the game_player_equip before game comencing...?

thanks for the help
hoax
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:14 pm

Don't worry about it too much; 1 round won't make a huge difference.
STEAM_0:0:2611885
hoax

Post by hoax » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:23 pm

well kind of since it lasts until that player dies...he can keep the 2 weapons until he is killed...if he can last a few rounds it could make a lot of difference...

any ideas are welcome...thanks again
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:27 am

I'd suggest using BSPEdit instead of ripent. I've used it a couple of times to add spawnpoints to maps that lacked them.
http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.p ... oad&id=177

BTW Have you tried stripping all the weapons from all players at round start, and re-equiping them with the shit you want them to have? There is an entity player_weaponstrip or something like that. I can look it up if you want.
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
hoax

Post by hoax » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:58 am

Hello Dr Boo,

Thanks for the help. I had a player_weaponstrip originally, but now that we added the guns to the ground, we want the player to be able to keep the gun if he survives the round, since most of them are really hard to reach..

I had to give up on the game_player_equip and lost the dual_elites...leaving the players with usp/glock...guess its not too bad after all

thanks everyone for the help

cheers
hoax