Haloween map project CS:S

Like such as the NIPPER
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:09 am

AlphaKennyOne wrote:A trigger_once can only be triggered one time, and it resets at the beginning of every round. So if you want to trigger something at round start, a trigger_once all over the spawn points is what you want.

What I did was make a logic_relay (with the flag 'only trigger once' checked) and put a trigger_once around both teams' spawn points that trigger the relay when someone from that team spawns. When the relay is triggered, it's set to trigger everything that I want to start at the beginning of each round.

That way, it doesn't matter which team someone goes on, they will still trigger the songs to start, and the relay's flag keeps the relay from firing multiple times when both teams spawn players at round start.
You dont know how much that helped me today when I was putting sounds in my map!

Also, another thing, texture lighting doesnt seem to work in my map but, I found out that you need to import the .rad file from the GCF file. When I did it though, the CS rad file had nothing in it. So I imported the .rad file from the hl2 folder and it works great. Do I have to do something special to get everyone to see the light textures, or will it automatically show on other computers?
Last edited by Magnus on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
AlphaKennyOne

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:52 am

Happy to help out! :D
There used to be a signature here, but it's gone now.
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:42 am

Thanks for the sound thing. And Ninja's idea sounds crazy yet funny :)
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:44 am

Dr.Boo can you post some more screenshots? My inspiration-o-meter is running on empty.
And can someone explain the proper CS:S thing-on-a-rope technique? Ape showed me something Yusuke did with 2 keyframe_ropes and a logic_measure movement, but just wanna make sure.
STEAM_0:0:2611885
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 am

ayeyah wrote:Dr.Boo can you post some more screenshots? My inspiration-o-meter is running on empty.
And can someone explain the proper CS:S thing-on-a-rope technique? Ape showed me something Yusuke did with 2 keyframe_ropes and a logic_measure movement, but just wanna make sure.
I have an even better idea for you: I'll send you a PM with the link to the map. The sound thing is not yet fixed tho... but I'm at work at the moment so I can't fix it before tonight, nor can I take screenshots.
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
AlphaKennyOne

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:19 pm

For the hell of it, i'll post some screenshots of the latest room addition to de_nightmare.

ImageImageImage

These are fairly outdated, but not much has changed, save for the addition of rain.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:13 pm

ayeyah wrote:Dr.Boo can you post some more screenshots? My inspiration-o-meter is running on empty.
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ke:_Source
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Deski

Post by Deski » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:14 pm

aww you know what would be cool? if you can some how take the Pyramid Head model from Garrys mod and put it in a map. that would kick ass!
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Deski wrote:aww you know what would be cool? if you can some how take the Pyramid Head model from Garrys mod and put it in a map. that would kick ass!
You have no idea how easy that would be to do.
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Anyone have a good grandfather clock prop or prefab? It would save me a bit of time.
NinjaBirdman

Post by NinjaBirdman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 pm

Stretch room ftw!

http://ninjabirdman.com/downloads/mr_stretchroom.wmv

I also need a nice grandfather clock if anyone has one.
oldman juice
tapeworm

Post by oldman juice » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:59 pm

O.O!! looks cool birdman =D
ARGHLES TO YOU DALKO :O!!!1111
now in Spanish, then in French, we'll say that twice again
I am you and you are falling.
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:37 am

It's not really a grandfather clock (more like a pseudo-mountable grandfather wall clock), but use models/props_misc/clock-1.mdl from the DoD:S gcf. I'll upload it if you don't have it.

NinjaBirdman: you got it right =D There was another map that had that but I remember it sucking.

I was gonna ask NIPPER but he disappeared and use key totally ignored me; does anyone know how to "push" a prop via trigger? Basically I want to push a chair over or knock down a bookcase when triggered. How to do?!
HomicidalApe

Post by HomicidalApe » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:46 am

Ayeyah and I are working hard. This screenshot shall suffice for now.

[thanks to hellboy for the shit writing]
"it's basically valve's fault." - Joe
"I have a very predictable pattern here: I make smarmy comments and call people on bullshit. If you start an asinine argument with me, I will not back down." - Hellboy
"the reign of hellboy has seen unprecedented prosperity! viva la hellboy! - Joe
AlphaKennyOne

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:06 am

ayeyah: There are a few ways. env_physexplosion and env_physimpact can be used to knock props around, depending on magnitude. A trigger_push with the 'pushables' and 'physics props' flags checked can also work, but may have undesired results. If you want to slightly nudge props, of simulate wind blowing them away, a trigger_wind is useful.

If you wanna knock down a bookcase, place an env_physimpact entity behind the bookcase, towards the top. Name it something like bookcase_impact. Place it about 12 units away, because you'll need the space in front of the physimpact entity. (Clicking the 'ignore mass' flag can also help you out.)

In front, put an info_target entity, and give it a name like caseimpact_target. If you look in the physimpact's properties, you will see a 'point to entity' option. In there, put the name of your info_target. This will limit the impact's push to the direction the info_target is compared to the physimpact.

After that, all you gotta do is set up the triggers to have your physimpact entity 'Impact'. If you want some visual aid, here's an example using what I did when I have some beds fly upwards in my map:

Note that the physimpact is below the target, and is set to "point" at it. Depending on the prop, the 'magnitude' setting may vary. Mine is set at 500. Start at half of that, and adjust accordingly. If you need more assistance, let me know.