Idea for my next map

Like such as the NIPPER
Dr.Boo

Idea for my next map

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:39 am

Now that the Xmas maps are finished, I already have my next idea, but I'm not sure how people will react on it because it's a very odd one.

So here's the idea: I'd like to make two identical deadly obstacle courses (with deadly I mean that you can actually die if you misstep somewhere). Each team has one obstacle course, and they're only armed with a knife. At the end of the course there are some guns lying on the floor meaning that the one who gets through the course fastest, gets to pickup the gun and rape the other team (unless the other team massively gangs him and slashes his fukking throat). So basically, there are no killings until someone reaches the end of the obstacle course.

I know this idea is crazy and that's why I ask your opinion... do you think this sucks, or could it be fun? I have a crazy idea for a theme in my head and I want to make a fun, fantasy obstacle course-like map out of it.
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
Skeetles

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:50 am

I had the same idea once, I also had the idiot olympics idea based off of NIPPER's idiot zoo. I think something like it has been done, something about the golden ak-47 was in it's name. GO FOR IT
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:21 pm

er, this idea's not that unique...
There has been many makings and almost everyone has thought about at one time or another.

Hell, look at my map. It's a regualr arena map but the buyzones are at the opponent's spawn and you don't get guns. (textures are a little bland though)

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/17932

Unfortunately some guy gave me a 6/10 because some screwup landed me with two of the same map.
austin

Post by austin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:36 pm

well ya see i am mapping but maps are having problems so i cant really do nothin...

BTW i here that nipper might make a airfight for the css hmmm?
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions so far. More feedback from others is still welcome too.
By the way, ajunk, that guy who disapproved your map (Lost) is the same guy that disapproved my Xmas map and mrgrim's because they're "duplicates". That guy seems to disapprove a lot and apparently he thinks everyone cares so much about the points on FPSB that he accuses mappers of posting duplicates to boost their amount of points (yeah I really give a shit about my points on FPSB :roll: )

Maybe he's a failed mapper that only made crap maps and now he's a bit frustrated :P
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:20 pm

Rp NiNjA wrote:well ya see i am mapping but maps are having problems so i cant really do nothin...

for the last time....

THERE'S NO FUNC_VEHICLE

...stop adding to the pain of dissappointment
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:20 pm

Dr.Boo wrote:Thanks for the suggestions so far. More feedback from others is still welcome too.
By the way, ajunk, that guy who disapproved your map (Lost) is the same guy that disapproved my Xmas map and mrgrim's because they're "duplicates". That guy seems to disapprove a lot and apparently he thinks everyone cares so much about the points on FPSB that he accuses mappers of posting duplicates to boost their amount of points (yeah I really give a shit about my points on FPSB :roll: )

Maybe he's a failed mapper that only made crap maps and now he's a bit frustrated :P

lol true

I looked at his maps...

THEY'RE ALL DOUBLE POSTS!!!

He uses the same map and makes minor changes/ deletes sections and renames them _2 or _mini! Oh the irony...
skid

Post by skid » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:59 pm

you should make a stadium map, something like ae_bloodbowl for 1.6, i fucking loved that map.
ae_bloodbowl pics= http://csm2.net/view_map.php?map_id=836
mRgRiM
Xfire: mrgrim720

Post by mRgRiM » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:00 pm

You mean surfing?
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:01 pm

i know port hoverballs to CSS. It's cool.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:51 pm

That sounds exactly like what I was gonna do for traprace (the map that ended up being part of ahhh_b3). It will be either a lot of fun or frustrating as all hell so making it is a bit of a gamble.
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Oh well, if the map really turns out to be a total failure, I'll use the same theme for another better map. But I'm gonna try it anyways
skid

Post by skid » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:27 pm

mRgRiM wrote:You mean surfing?
no, its a football stadium, it's knife only and the part that looks like slopes is part of the stadium, you need low gravity too get up there, it wasn't steep enough to surf in 1.6, its actually a lot less steep than it looks.
austin

Post by austin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:43 pm

ajunk wrote:
Rp NiNjA wrote:well ya see i am mapping but maps are having problems so i cant really do nothin...

for the last time....

THERE'S NO FUNC_VEHICLE

...stop adding to the pain of dissappointment
woops lol looks like i need to map more to not see that...

sorry ajunk......
Skeetles

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPvW4Sg894c&eurl=
maybe you could do air_fight2 like that.

Ninja, why is your signature so big and pointless.