Suggested map idea

Like such as the NIPPER
Hunt3r

Suggested map idea

Post by Hunt3r » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:10 pm

I'd say, something like zm_spacestationflee_beta5, where you open a key padded door(the code is 3412, in the map at least) and shoot something up, then the place goes critical with alarms blaring and the escape vehicle(shuttle, train, car, heli, jet etc.) doors open and you escape to paradise seeing the place blow up (note:the vehicle is automated and you can set the time, so yeah; also, make the keypad door code visible near the keypad door; oh yeah, make the map a team map, where you die if you don't escape, meaning drop a nuke at the end of the round as a punishment.)
Good luck!! [/quote]
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:32 pm

oh how do i put this...

no.

First: Even the name is wrong! zm = zombie map for zombie mod. This is not a good idea for zombie mod. _beta5??? beta is for when your map is under testing!!! the only reason you see 'beta5' in a map title is become some dumbass forgot to clean it up.

Second: You cannot have working keypads. I suppose it IS possible but it is so impractical that... ITS JUST A DUMB IDEA! And why have a specific combo everytime anyway? so some will know it and have the advantage over other people? that's dumb.

Third:
make the keypad door code visible near the keypad door
learn to make sense.

Fourth: Storyline is even dumb. You're in a space shuttle and blow something up for no reason. Then you have to use the station's escape pods because apparently you didn't arrive on a shuttle (wtf). And for some reason if you don't escape this random nuke out of nowhere blows up the station. Forget about the place going to blow up anyways, the nuke is the one that makes you die.

Fifth: "the vehicle is automated and you can set the time" = oxymoron.

Sixth: team map? all cs maps have teams. unless you're not talking about cs in which case there wouldn't be zm to begin with and you're on the wrong forum.

There's alot more but I'd rather do something else. I think you get the picture. It's a bad idea.

P.S. I found out first hand that nobody will make maps for you, you gotta make em urself. Sounds like you wanna make a whole new game though...
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:38 pm

I agree with ajunk. I really don't think anyone here is gonna take requests like "omg please make me map X"
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:32 pm

and why do you say 'good luck' like you are sending one of your employees out on a project. It's very condescending
Skeetles

Post by Skeetles » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:33 pm

lol
HomicidalApe

Post by HomicidalApe » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:16 am

Torn APART!
"it's basically valve's fault." - Joe
"I have a very predictable pattern here: I make smarmy comments and call people on bullshit. If you start an asinine argument with me, I will not back down." - Hellboy
"the reign of hellboy has seen unprecedented prosperity! viva la hellboy! - Joe
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:16 am

Keypads are possible but take way too much effort to be worth it. It wasn't effective in 1.6 cause I think you needed env_globals which don't reset every round.

The story is nice but I might as well suggest a dinosaur map with UFOs that beam down the terrorists at spawn, and then you have flying teacups (fully automated) that dig holes underground and then explode onto the surface to create CT spawns, and then the two teams have to swim through a maze shooting coffee bean props onto specific locations on the map, and then a door opens and you have to press a lot of buttons in a specific order or else the ground opens up and you slide into a giant cavern where you have to shoot various spots on the walls to cause the water level to rise you back up to the surface, and then you win and stuff.

Good luck!
STEAM_0:0:2611885
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:17 am

HomicidalApe wrote:Torn APART!
STOP LYING! YOU'RE NOT DUE BACK FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR SO!
STEAM_0:0:2611885
EasterEggs

Post by EasterEggs » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:53 am

>_> I personally make like 20-30 "betas" of maps
If i ever post something on the message boards, i'm referring to Counter-Strike 1.6
Hunt3r

Post by Hunt3r » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:53 am

lawl, just wishful thinking i guess, oh and I think there was a wiki article on how to make one for source. It was like saying a keypad door where a clan members already know the code.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:18 am

HomicidalApe wrote:Torn APART!

"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 am

Hunt3r wrote:lawl, just wishful thinking i guess, oh and I think there was a wiki article on how to make one for source. It was like saying a keypad door where a clan members already know the code.
don't make me tear you apart again...