func platrot

Like such as the NIPPER
NinjaBirdman

func platrot

Post by NinjaBirdman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:39 pm

So I'm trying to do a map based around a ride, like the pirates of the caribbean or the haunted mansion(but completely original), and I have it so you ride on a func_tracktrain.

There's one part where I need the train to rotate 180 degrees around a tree, and I'm using a func_platrot. I might not be using it right, but when I get to the last path_track before the rotation, I set the train's parent to the func_platrot, and fire the platrot. It works as is, but any time you touch the side of the cart while it's rotating you block it and it stops, then goes crazy. If you stand in the middle of the train everything works fine. I have the train set to unblockable by player but there's nothing like that in the func_platrot flags...

Is there a better way to do a rotation in a train? Or just a way to make this not happen? Any help would be fantastic.
Skeetles

Post by Skeetles » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:45 am

The train can rotate around path_tracks. You don't need the func_platrot.
NinjaBirdman

Post by NinjaBirdman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm

Uhhh, how?

Maybe you're not getting what I'm trying to do, or maybe there is a way to do it with just path_tracks, but I think I'll try to explain better.

Say the train is coming up on an analog clock laying face up. The minute hand is pointed at 6. The train stops on the end of the minute hand, and swings around 180 degrees on the end of it to 12, facing the center the whole time. So when it gets to 12 it's facing where it was when it started rotating. Then it turns 90 degrees to face the tangent of the top of the clock and starts moving straight along a path again.

I tried changing the orientation type on the path tracks and pointing the angles different ways, but it just kept following straight on the path, which is why I tried the platrot.

//edited for more clarification.