Mapping for MXS

Like such as the NIPPER
Bao

Mapping for MXS

Post by Bao » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 pm

So I mentioned in that other thread that I do mapping for that Mexican Community.

Given Joe.to is the reason I ever gave a shit about mapping I thought I'd post a relevant thread. I also kind of aspire to make maps on level with some of the classics we played back in the day, so I hope getting feedback from you guys will help me along.

To start here's a map I just released and playtested on the server today, its an aim map meant for the deathmatch type mode MXS runs. The theme is a space station so the map has naturally low grav with a big trigger_gravity enclosing all the play space.

aim_cratejam3

A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Mapping for MXS

Post by A Ninja » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Nice textures, where'd you get those from? Also with the deathmatch mod you're running, did you have to edit the existing maps to add new spawns for players?
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bao

Re: Mapping for MXS

Post by Bao » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:07 am

They're the Nightwatch textures mixed with a few Valve defaults. With the deathmatch mod I just needed to make sure we had 32 slots, we also have an amx plugin that lets us change the spawns live in game so its not that big of a deal. :V