i have trouble compiling maps

Like such as the NIPPER

if i made a map and put it on MY website would u download it?

no
22%
yes
44%
depends,does it kill people in an evil way or not ?
33%

Total votes: 9
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

i have trouble compiling maps

Post by nightmare 101 » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:32 pm

whenever i run one of my maps i cant get it to work (with the run button) and it never makes a bsp of the map and im just friggin lost ,u have any clue.........
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:08 pm

you forgot my hamburger again....pfft now i want a cheeseburger...and i'll only d/l it if its evil.....and if i dont get my cheeseburger, ima go....and get a cheeseburger from some fast food place
knoid
            Mostly Ornamental
            <b><font color=#556b2f>Mostly Ornamental</font></b>

Post by knoid » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:01 pm

i'm not familiar with map compilers, but i assume they work in roughly the same way as any other compiler/renderer and should give you an error message that will point you to the problem in your map. Check your compiler's manual/help file to see if there's an error log, then find it and see what the errors are that are stopping the map from being compiled.
Cc_Hairy wrote:my favorite part:

fart life may cause less gross suffering than some other evils; but spooge, being more universal fart more subtle, pain. fart remedy lies, indeed, partly fart charity,
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:26 pm

i have zoners half life tools (a compiling program that most people use) and it rarely makes a .bsp......and whenever i loom at the log there are no probs,i dont know what is wrong....
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:29 pm

thats it! im goin to mcdonalds! get my own cheeseburger i will.... :ahhh:
knoid
            Mostly Ornamental
            <b><font color=#556b2f>Mostly Ornamental</font></b>

Post by knoid » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:09 pm

cl0ud wrote:get my own cheeseburger i will.... :ahhh:
You sound just like yoda lmao

ok, well i'll get a hold of that compiler and play around with it some tonight, see if I can make a valid .bsp and play it, then throw some errors in and see if it logs them when it tries to compile. It can't be that much different from normal 3d modelling...granted, last time I did any of that I was using Imagine 2.0 for DOS, but I'm betting the basics haven't changed that much...it would probably help if I had the map that's giving you problems...can you email it to me? knoid@knoid.com
Cc_Hairy wrote:my favorite part:

fart life may cause less gross suffering than some other evils; but spooge, being more universal fart more subtle, pain. fart remedy lies, indeed, partly fart charity,