cp arches

Like such as the NIPPER
stabbyclaus

cp arches

Post by stabbyclaus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

Admin, feel free to drop the comments from the Custom Maps thread here. I'll be posting here from now on concerning this map. EDIT: nevermind, looks like it got posted here: http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=52301 . Ill be posting there from now on.

so we got a couple of tests & here are the fixes:
--doors now only open by touch from the proper teams.
--extended game clock from 5 to 8 minutes.
--capture time has been increased to 5 seconds on the ring cap points & end cap to 10 with 3 needed to cap center.
--made respawnviz on outside of doors.
--added a 30 second "setup" time although the door are open from the start, eliminates scout rushing.
--energy explosion effects & more realistic physics for bridge
--sniper posts are their proper team color
--new terrain-based means of getting to upper levels + direction arrows to arch CPs
--added full health kit on very top of the bottom arch, as a mirror to the full ammo on the opposite end.

I attempted to add a koth_logic & it worked mostly, yet, it'd change the map emphasis to the center rather than the 3 arches. I didn't want to change it to that yet but what do you all think? I could get it to work but basically it'd be a koth map with three points that deactivate the middle. If the game still ends quickly after the CP time boost, Ill do that.

Also, I want to make this PSD the icons for the images, for some reason this VTF plugin isnt working right now. Could anyone quickly convert them to "VTF: Vtex compile parameters "clamps", "clampt". note: env_sprite_oriented #angles." https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxgEY6 ... ZmIy&hl=en

I also need this as a standard alpha texture: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxgEY6 ... NTVk&hl=en

Does vtfedit now work with 64 bit windows 7 PS?
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: cp arches

Post by Eviltechie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Here are a list of changes that I think would be good.
  • Don't allow any points to be capped for at least 30 seconds. Currently, scouts can run to the points and cap them all before a heavy has made it out the door.
  • Increase the cap times, but not too much as to make them hard to capture at all.
  • Make the map less sniper friendly. The wide open spaces make it easy to be sniped, even as a scout. Walls should be put up in many places to prevent this from happening.
  • Add boxes and other clutter on the arches and walkways. There are no hiding places at all, so if a scout charges you as a sniper, you can't hide behind a box until he gets into Kurkri range.
  • As with adding stuff to hide behind and such, the bottom arch should have more protection, and the top arch should have less to offset the advantage of higher ground.
  • The ending explosion needs to be better. Right now a laser fires and stuff falls down. I want a large explosion and the whole structure to collapse along with sirens and fire.
  • I was surprised to find that the electrical transformers did not kill you. Either the sign with the skull needs to be removed, or the transformers need to fry you. (vaporize plz) It would add an extra element of danger for snipers that backup into it without paying attention.
That's all I can think of now. Otherwise, the general concept of the map is good.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Fixes are implemented on version D, version C got up but there a laggy cloud (for your explosion eviltechie) ended up lingering so I removed it. Its not as flashy of an ending, but theres shake, laser, & plasma turbine still in there. I didnt even think about the transformers being deadly, but Ill keep that thought in the backburner if I think itd be nice while in hammer.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Some other things I thought of.
  • Railings need to be added in some places. FAN scouts and airblast pyros can't have a 100% advantage on the map.
  • The area near the white transformer in the middle (with the two things sticking up) needs to be blocked off. Otherwise it will be a sniper war of attrition like the 2fort battlements.
  • The two yellow ramp looking things (from the top view, they're on either side of the point) should be pulled back a little into the floor, so it can be more easily and obviously used as a ramp. (or fixed if it wasn't intended that way)
  • Don't use setup time to prevent people capturing the point. Medics have an undercharge buildup bonus during this time and won't get points for healing. Start a timer and then play a sound (like the arena one) and unlock the points with triggers.
  • More health and ammo packs should be added in various places.
  • Context needs to be added into the map. Perhaps a door you can't go through that leads to a parking lot would indicate that this structure is part of a tourist attraction.
  • Reduce the drop into the river. I don't need to spend seven seconds falling to my death.
  • Actually be able to land in the water. Hitting a hard, flat surface near the bottom is strange.
  • Keep playing around with the explosion. There are two no smoke flags you can set so there won't be any cloud to stay around. If you can't get it working still, just play a sound and fake it.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:52 pm